Tons of specials all the time.Finest Quality Indian SnuffsToque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Odens and Siberia by the roll.

SG Firedance

After a month, my order from MrSnuff arrived. They were out of the Alpina I ordered so on a whim I decided to try Firedance. My God it's a wonderful snuff! So fruity,vanilla, and tobacco,. My new favorite snuff! Really just so well done, im pleased that a big company can keep up with the artisans!

Comments

• Could you expand on the flavor? Is there some liquor note? How strong is the vanilla? Like Elmo's or more muted?
  • SG Firedance is also a flake tobacco that has been around for awhile. Blackberry Brandy and Vanilla.
    My knowledge is worthless if not shared and applied . "Joseph McKenna"  
  • After a month, my order from MrSnuff arrived. They were out of the Alpina I ordered so on a whim I decided to try Firedance. My God it's a wonderful snuff! So fruity,vanilla, and tobacco,. My new favorite snuff! Really just so well done, im pleased that a big company can keep up with the artisans!
    I love the stuff as well, Jack. It is well worth the purchase many times over.
  • edited March 2015 PM
    @fredh
    " I love the stuff as well, Jack. It is well worth the purchase many times over".

I got mine a few years back, had skell get it for me from mysmokingshop and a few other things mr snuff didn't carry . Paid shipping twice, yes it was worth it.
    My knowledge is worthless if not shared and applied . "Joseph McKenna"  
  • I too, accidentally bought Firedance, also on a whim. Very nice snuff indeed. Have you seen the video here someplace that is filmed at Samuel Gawiths? It really is a small "factory", there is footage of a guy sweeping the Black Rappee( I think its that snuff) into a pile on the floor and then misting it with scent. Big old machinery, lots of snuff dust everywhere, old wooden barrels, etc. Then a bit showing the familiar 25 gram tins being filled with a spoon by a youngish looking fellow. Even though most of use don't consider SG snuff to be artisan, the place is not what you'd call a modern facility, at least by American standards. The guy scenting the snuff was just spraying it over the pile on the floor, it was really quite cool. If I ever go to England, I want to visit S. Gawith.
  • I must try this, can someone give me a grind/moisture description, I don't get on with moist snuffs (which it is described as on Mr snuff?) Is it say Toque like, or F&T HDT, somewhere in between ? or moister, like say Mull of Oa?
  • @Derek_007 It has a grind similar to the SG SP line and about the same level of moisture, IMHO. It is sweet, but in a balanced way and similar to Elmo's Reserve in many respects. For me it's a nice interlude and a sweet treat, but nothing I could pinch up as a steady diet. Likely it's made from the trim from the flake that's milled out into snuff.
  • Derek_007Derek_007 Member
    edited April 2015 PM
    well i got this today to try .. and agree its a very good snuff :) one thing I would say is the synthetic fruit flavoring realty is not that good, when compared to the real natural flavorings of @Roderick Toque fruit flavorings .. I think that synthetic taste is what will keep me off using it all day
  • I like it too, liked it enough to get it in bulk actually. I find it too overpowering for frequent use, but mixed with Toque Plain Coarse or another unscented snuff, it tones down nicely
  • man this gives me more of a nicotine punch than cheeta or my pipe even more than tps madras two 1/2 pinches per nostril and im swimming