Finest Quality Indian Snuffs

Best selection of snuff and snuff related products in the UK.Toque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

 Worldwide distributor of the finest in snuff, chew, RYO, pipe, accessories and much more.

Short Pipes...

Alright... this is going to sound like a silly question but is there an official "name" for pipes that are short? By short I'm talking about the little nose warmer types that are maybe only 4 inches long from end to end... I've seen them called a number of things over the years...

Nose Warmers, Pugs, Sport Pipes, Squats... does anyone know if there is an actual "industry" type term for this kind of pipe? I'm only asking because I have a few in my collection and I love them for driving in the car or working around the yard because they are really light and easy to keep in your mouth while you are mowing or raking or whatever.

Trying to google search them or even search for them on Pipes and Cigars is hit or miss so I thought maybe there was a key word I was missing or something like that.


  • J_SJ_S Member
    I have heard them called by all of those names but nothing that is industry accepted to my knowledge. If you are looking to buy you could try, they have a pipe locator and you can search by size and price, and so forth.
  • n9inchnailsn9inchnails Moderator
    edited March 2015 PM
    I've only ever heard them called nosewarmers and sport pipes
  • I have a "nosewarmer" bent that Savinelli stamped the name "Short Pipe".
  • I have a big ben pipo and a peterson sport pipe that fit this category. I don't know of any pipe officials. I think I will smoke my pipo now
    My knowledge is worthless if not shared and applied . "Joseph McKenna"  
  • They are mostly called nose warmers or just short pipes. If the pipe is rather thick I have seen them called stubby.

    Personally, I don't care for a pipe that is too short. They seem to be more popular in the last few years but things go in and out of style so who knows what next year's preferences will be.
  • I haven't a clue what they are called officially. I only know that when I smoke them I have to trim my 'stache twice. First to prevent singeing. Secondly to remove the smelly mustache brulee.
Sign In or Register to comment.