Black Friday All Week. Finest Quality Indian SnuffsToque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Black Friday Sale On Now.

interesting snuff box on ebay

Comments

• miamimarkmiamimark Moderator
    edited June 4 PM
    Found these, not on Ebay, I just didn't want to start a new thread... I don't remember seeing them here before... Found them HERE

• JustinJustin Moderator
    Nice. I like brass as a material, but it does need to be handled every day to get that lovely deep patina. If you left one of these in a drawer it would get dull very quickly.
    "Reality," sa molesworth 2, "is so unspeakably sordid it make me shudder."
  • From the web page for the box:

"Due to its metallic properties, brass alloy containers should not be used to store unprotected food or directly consumable items. Please wrap all such items before storing."

Is this a genuine concern for snuff?
  • Yes a concern!
  • Best to paint the inside with clear nail polish or other hard finish, and don't forget to do the underside of lid.  Just don't scrap the new finish with a metal spoon. I do like the Best Made tinker box Tinder cat gw ojgldl 
    My knowledge is worthless if not shared and applied . "Joseph McKenna"  
  • I have the flip top case from Ted Cash, as well as the little round lidded case from the same maker.  Very good quality.  Ted Cash makes supplies for black powder.

I accidentally left some kendal flake in my brass flip top case and it may have permanently stained it.  I can't scratch it off.  I wasn't worried because I usually keep just enough for the days' use - but now I have a little plastic liner in there.

• AamonAamon Member
    I know brass can be quite bad for food storage, though can someone explain why you would get sick from putting snuff in a brass tin without an enamel or clear coat of sorts?