Finest Quality Indian Snuffs

First 100 customers get free White Fox snus!Toque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

First 100 customers get free White Fox snus!

Autumn Snuffs

HitsuzenHitsuzen Administrator, Moderator
Autumn is almost upon us, and I'm totally getting into the vibe! It's been my favorite season since I was a child. I believe that us snuffers are inherently sentimental creatures, and scents in particular for us have the power to invoke happy memories and warm feelings. As I contemplate my next order, I would like to ask the community... what are your favorite fall seasonal snuffs? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Autumn Is Schmalzler Season . Something about the falling leaves and temperate temperature make Schmalzlers most appealing to this nose. I don't know how many agree ; but this is the time of the year they come into rotation for me. They don't seem to have the same appeal in hot weather or frigid digits. It can last till xmas and then I am done till autumn the following year.    
    My knowledge is worthless if not shared and applied . "Joseph McKenna"  
  • HitsuzenHitsuzen Administrator, Moderator
    @basement_shaman I definitely agree with that. The last week has been pretty cool and breezy and overcast, so I've already broken out the Schmalzler kit. Aecht Altbayerischer and Doppelt-Fermentiert (Bernards), Perlesreuter and Schmalzler A Brasil (Poschl). Definitely the right weather for those.
  • Hitsuzen, what a civilised topic, thanks. Shaman, sir, I need exposure to schmalzler but the fermentation and alleged smokiness sounds ideal for autumn.
  • Skell18Skell18 Moderator
    Schmalzlers are good for autumn, I also like darker fruit snuffs in autumn, just in time for picking the berries too so it all sort of works. SWS creme du figgy is perfect for autumn.
    @Skell18 Cool, so I've already been on a good roll then! I agree 100% about the SWS Creme De Figue, for all the same reasons Schmalzlers work. Also, OM Black Velvet. I don't really get any coffee in it, but I do get alot of dried fruit, cinnamon, and clove. Came as a sample with my last order and I'll be ordering an ounce in time for cooler weather.
  • Straight virginia does it for me as the weather cools, the sun gets hazy, and the nights get longer. :(|)
  • Toque had a pumpkin pie back in 2013 .hopefully it will show this year ,Toque Xmas pudding is also in season. WoS Winter warmer is seasonally spiced. I didn't get around to SG christmas pinch and had not read much about it. Anyone know if it is good?  
    edited August 2015 PM
    @basement_shaman I have a tin of xmas pudding in storage that I got in a trade last spring, but I haven't tried it yet. Is it just straight clove, or are there layers?
  • I dig out the Fichtennadel when the weather turns cool. I like it first thing in the cool crisp mornings. I have a box here that is over 2 years old and it's still in good shape.
  • @Hitsuzen every nose is different. clove is up front i agree, but there are other scents to pick out also. Best to start with a clean palette.This olfactory isn't as keen as most to dissect each scent.
    And being a yank I never heard of xmas pudding until I came to SH. I like to try the culinary version some day. It sound better than that nasty fruit cake no one cares for.     
  • Skell18Skell18 Moderator
    @basement_shaman the SG Christmas pinch is very nice, I have a tin from last year somewhere unopened. Christmas pudding the food is not something I tend to eat and have always preferred the smell of, to the taste. I'm surprised you can't get them over your side of the pond.
  • i can't wait for all the seasonal snuffs to be upon us!!! Christmas pinch is one of my favourites! Would love to have tried toque pumpkin ! Anyone want to trade lol
  • MouseMouse Member
    edited August 2015 PM
    @basement_shaman said: "I didn't get around to SG christmas pinch and had not read much about it. Anyone know if it is good?  "

Pine and menthol says it all. Fluffy reddish-brown, I guess the pine oils it a bit. Think Pinesol cleaner.... The menthol isn't too strong, I quite like it, occasionally, but hardly an all-day snuff.
  • Bernard's makes a pine and menthol, just can't remember the name. Not a seasonal snuff but still nice to enjoy for the cooler months. Anyone remember the name of it?
    edited August 2015 PM
    @BenStein Bernards Fichtennadel is spruce and menthol. @crullers mentioned it, and it went straight to my shopping cart at MS. Looking to get my autumn pile ordered by October.
  • @BenStein, do you mean Bernard Fichtennadel?
    @Mouse thanks! You just saved me four bucks!
  • @hitsuzen and @SkeG that's the one. Thanks :D. Buddy let me try it once and I forgot the name, going hunting for it now :D, need to stock up for the fall :D you guys are great, love this community!!!
    @BenStein That's what it's all about!
    @basement_shaman I got all excited about Toque Pumpkin Pie, until I saw the thread about Toque possibly not doing it this year :((
  • @Hitsuzen you read that wrong that was 2014.Last I checked it's 2015.
    I'm really sorry and am addressing this to all who have asked why I didn't do it again this year. I have to admit I just didn't get this one together. I promise to do it for next year.

He promised .You should send a reminder so it don't slip through the grey matter 
    Oh, that was an old post! I'm excited again! @Roderick Is this something we can look forward to this year?
  • @Mouse Thanks I'll put it on my wish list. I buy pinesol to mop the floor.And degrease the stoves hood. Good stuff. Smells better than  Lestoil; I only break out for tough jobs.  
    @basement_shaman I've always been partial to Ajax =))
  • We make a butterscotch snuff which is very autum-ish (what I perceive to be fall-ish) and we have another scent in formulation (amongst MANY MANY more) that is reminiscent of fall here in the apple orchards of Michigan.
  • @Hitsuzen Did you mean Like this?

• ^ Like 

=))
    @basement_shaman You know, as I was typing it that scene jumped in my head and I thought "Someone's gonna call that, for sure".
    You know, having this Creme De Figue in my nose has me thinking... any of you guys ever had Fields Of Juniper? How would you rate that as an autumn snuff?
  • TrackerdexTrackerdex Member
    edited August 2015 PM
    Curious about that one, too.