Black Friday All Week. Finest Quality Indian SnuffsToque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Black Friday Sale On Now.

Rehydrating Snus

HitsuzenHitsuzen Administrator, Moderator
So I just put in my first snus order in almost a year, so I'm pretty excited about that. I got my hands on some Ettan Los earlier this year and kind of forgot about a can in the fridge at work. This was a major source of bad vibes, as Ettan used to be an all-day for me. Anyways, being so excited about this order coming in, I got impatient and decided before I just threw it away, I'd at least try to rehydrate my Ettan. Searching other forums I found a method and gave it a shot. Remember, this stuff was dry as a bone. I dropped a few drops of distilled water over it, stirred it up, put it back in the can, shook it, and let it sit in the fridge overnight. I came in this morning to a fresh can of Ettan! Honestly, I didn't really expect it to work, but it even tasted (mostly) fresh. Anyone else ever try this? Does this work with portions, too?

Comments

• While I was in the hospital in 14 .my open cans dried up. I went the route of adding McCormick coffee extract to some white portions with an eye dropper. and mint extract to the mint portions. but had not tried water . My loose i just stirred a teaspoon into my dip until it was gone. I don't know if they lost any strength but they sure were tasty.  I can't afford to waste anything.  
    My knowledge is worthless if not shared and applied . "Joseph McKenna"  
  •  I watched a YouTube video some time ago all about snus and the host added water to one can and a slice of an apple in another can to rehydrate. I'm guessing the YouTube video is still there if interested in details. That's all I remember. :P 
  • I added some fresh Islay Whiskey to a dried batch of Islay Whiskey snus, and improved them.

• It works with portions just as well as l
  • Citrus peels: orange,lemon,lime. Just check it periodically because Ive left them in too long and you have a soggy mess,swollen portions. Overnight is a rough estimate,but depends on the moisture level of the peel....Also heard,forgot where of course, you can leave the can open and channel the water vapor from a humidifier.Seems like it might work and be less invasive.