Get 50% off selected FUBAR snuffs. Finest Quality Indian SnuffsToque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Free treat with any purchase of $20.00 or more.

American dry snuff makers to introduce smaller tins...

MattMatt Member
edited May 2012 in Snuffhouse Archives
Just Kidding, but I did make my own today. Also found a great snuff spoon. Its a sample spoon from a ice cream shop.

Comments

• that snuffspoon is HUGE...
    are you going to eat your snuff? (might be useful against parasites though.. ^^)
  • bryanbryan Member
    I'd use that spoon to transfer snuff. I assume that's what you're doing? I've never tried Briton Scotch. I really like Garett Scotch. Something just a little bit milder would be better for me. Any suggestions? My favorite "scotch" flavor is Lakatia 1860, but it is a little too coarse. Is there a good fine dry snuff, or even a snuff with the texture of say Tom Buck, with that smoky flavor? That's what I'm looking for...Thanks.
  • The most mild of all scotch snuffs is the Dental Mild. I also might suggest Navy. Or you could go with a sweet scotch variety which is very mild because of the added sweetness.
  • MattMatt Member
    transferring snuff is what i'll use the spoon for, though I have sniffed a little from it and it actually works well for that purpose.
  • JavaJava Member
    I also use those spoons to transfer snuff. (31 Flavors uses pink ones) On my screen, it's bigger than life. That's a little 5gr tin in the picture with it, isn't it Matt?

Cheers,
    Java
  • JavaJava Member
    Sorry for the double post. Bryan; Gawith Hoggarths Kendal Brown is milder than the Garrett. It's darker and slightly more coarse than Tom Buck, but not as coarse as the Latakia. It's definatly a "Kendal Brown", but it does have that "smokey" flavor you're talking about too.

Cheers,
    Java
  • MattMatt Member
    Yeah thats a 5 gram tin Java.
  • bryanbryan Member
    Thanks guys. I'm going to try all of those that you mention...I really like the Garett, but since it's so strong, I wouldn't really use it all day. My favorite snuffs are the kinds you can put in a box, carry it with you and be satisfied all day. For me at the moment that is F&T HDT or any SP but especially Toque Original, Tom Buck, Best SP and Queens SS (in that order). Every other snuff is purely for special enjoyment. Though I could probably enjoy Jockey Club all day- I wouldn't want to "burn out" on it.

Queens SS is a great snuff because it is an SP flavor but finer. It's strange that I usually prefer the finer stuff, but it's last on my list of SP's. It's also strange how my taste changes...I used to not like O&G at all, but now I really like it when I'm playing sports or in the morning. In fact, I think I'll go take some!
This discussion has been closed.