Finest Quality Indian Snuffs

Two new Fine Border snuffs.Toque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Two new Fine Border snuffs.

A can of can-smelling snuff

dasrdasr Member
edited December 2015 in Other Forms of Tobacco
why does makla smell like poo? why only makla and what is it? does some other snuff/chew also has that smell?

Comments

• 786  Hi @dasr!  Some tobacco fermentation processes yield a product having what I call a "bucolic" aroma; very much like cow excrement.  Many good Indian snuffs use such tobacco, and they (usually) can pull it off as it becomes one of a chorus of exotic scents which intoxicate the senses.  
    I've never had makla, but makla is fermented, sometimes in an iron vessel; so that may explain the smell.
  • Its a combination of the fermentation itself and the container it happens in. Careful, makla is more carcinogenic than snuff and swedish snus (though i suppose so is bacon). cant remember the exact level though. but my god is that makla some good stuff.
  • edited December 2015 PM
    It looks like poo too. And kicks like a mule! I don't like the texture too many sticks in the mix.I do like the Africaine Bentchikou; only one I tried.

Shems looks interesting with a lemon flavor

My knowledge is worthless if not shared and applied . "Joseph McKenna"