This is the real deal. Afghan Naswar Black. Finest Quality Indian SnuffsToque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Singleton's Original Super Menthol Sale

Your Top 5 Plain Tobacco Snuffs?

What are your top 5 plain tobacco snuffs?

Comments

• Viking Dark
    SG Kendal Brown Plain/Viking Brown
    Toque Quit
    SG London Brown
    Toque Natural
  • Lundy Foot
    HDT
    Toque Natural Toast
    Havana Toast
    IHT #22
  • Toasts, Indian whites,Scotches, Madras,Toque Quit
    My knowledge is worthless if not shared and applied . "Joseph McKenna"  
  • 41 Photo White Elephant
    Sir Walter Scott Aged Border Rapee
    Samuel Gawith Irish D Light
    Viking Blonde
    Old Mill Olde English Toast (2015)
  • What @basement_shaman said. Basically, almost all of them. I love the plain snuffs best of all. Difficult to pick out 5 that are my favorites. I think F&T HDT always remains at or near the top of the list. That is my go to. I'd put Rooster up there too but he crows no more. *sniffle*
  • n9inchnailsn9inchnails Moderator
    edited February 2016 PM

Bernard Gekachelter Virginie should make the list, an excellent and often overlooked plain snuff

• Toasts. PERIOD.
  • AlKindiSnuffAlKindiSnuff Member
    edited February 2016 PM
    Would SG Kendal Brown Original be a plain baccy snuff? Or is it flavored? I haven't tried that one yet...
  • All of my favourites have already been mentioned. Struggling to achieve a bit of originality, I'll nominate Dholakia Sparrow for an honourable mention. In fact, I've never met a plain Indian snuff I didn't like (caveat: I haven't tried Dholakia Black. For some reason, it sounds kind of disgusting).
  • @alkindisnuff Kendal Brown Original is lightly scented with citrus (and I think tonquin). But it is pretty close to unscented.
  • thanks SandwhichIsles nice!
  • Coming in late to the party but G&H Kendal Brown is outstanding. My favorite of the Kendal's that I have tried so far. It is sadly the only G&H snuff that I really like but I will always have it on hand. There are simply too many to think of just 5 I love the naturals and prefer them at lest so far over anything scented, with a few exceptions of course.
  • @JakartaBoy The D black isn't too bad. Now the D Africa that's a different animal 
  • @basement_shaman, it wouldn't be the first time I've held a totally unreasonable, unfounded prejudice that gets overcome by actual experience.
  • @JakartaBoy it also nothing to get excited about
  • n9inchnailsn9inchnails Moderator
    edited February 2016 PM
    @JakartaBoy it's not unfounded, D Black smells like cow shit they should rename it Dholakia Cowpie

If you love the smell of fresh Cowpie in the morning then D Black is the snuff for you.
  • London Brown
    Red Crest
    Yellow Crest
    Toast No.22
    Quit
  • @basement_shaman is too kind labelling Dholakia African as "different". It's one of very few snuffs I've bought that went right into the bin.
  • @n9inchnails, I've spent too much time in the Indonesian countryside for the smell of cowshit to be interesting, novel or attractive. I think it will stay low on my priority list.
  • Hawaiian_RyanHawaiian_Ryan Member, Moderator
    Red Crest
    Toque Quit
    F&T HDT
    SWS Lundy Foot
    Toque Rustica

\m/
  • Yellow Crest
    London Brown
    Thors Hammer
    Viking Dark
    M&W Mature Crumbled