Get 10% off all American dry snuffs. Limited time only. Finest Quality Indian SnuffsToque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Get 20% off this exclusive hand crafted snuff. Do not miss out.

Warning: Avoid trading with member Hawaiian Ryan

Hi, I do not want to do this, but it has come to my attention that not everyone on here is honest. I am writing anonymously, but I have traded snuff with dozens of people over the course of a few years. Everyone I traded with has been nice, honest, and kept their end of the deal, except for Hawaiian Ryan. It did not go so smoothly with him. We agreed to a trade, and I sent him my snuffs, but he didn't send me any back. I kept trying to message him about this, but I didn't even get a response. This has happened not only to me, but at least 3 other members on here, from what I've seen. (I want to keep them anonymous, though.) If you don't believe me, inbox me.

So, as a warning to the rest of you, I would not recommend trading with Hawaiian Ryan.
I hope he will make it up to us one day, so we can continue to have a nice, honest, and peaceful snuff trading community on here.

*****Just in case he deletes his username and creates a new one, his name is Ryan Orta, and he lives somewhere in Hawaii (Oahu or something), so before you ship to someone from Hawaii, be careful.

Comments

• @ChrisSnuff Thanks for the warning. There should be a pinned trade post so feed back on trades can be recorded. This post will be buried within a weeks time on page 2 or 3.  And since we use AKA names you may not really know who your trading with. It good practice not to risk trading with members that are new or have very few posts. Also those who may have been here for years but only post in the trade thread. Once I got a shit load of stale snuff from a member who was here for a few years before me. You think fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Maybe you should post his name and address so if he opens a new account with a different user name members will know  it is him.   
    It's not the having, it's the getting. Elizabeth Taylor

• @basement_shaman @RailroadMills Ok, I included his name and his state. And what if I comment on this discussion every week or so? Won't it pretty much always appear on the first page of "The Snuffhouse Bazaar" section?
  • miamimarkmiamimark Moderator
    LOL! I won't comment on the specifics but having access to the members IP addresses is fun! People speaking to themselves and such! No harmful motives in this case... just funny! One person, 3 different accounts! :-)
  • @miamimark I made a third one on accident, and I told you I wanted to make myself anonymous.
  • miamimarkmiamimark Moderator
    Cool, no problem. The thing that was funny was you "talking" to yourself. Maybe delete the other 2? I can do it for you if you want?  
  • RailroadMillsRailroadMills Member
    edited April 2016 PM
    Gotta keep commenting to keep this up for people to see.
  • Gotta say @RailroadMills was a pleasure to trade with :-)
  • RailroadMillsRailroadMills Member
    edited April 2016 PM
    Thank you @jmahes! Back at you! I was actually about to write a post pertaining members whom I had a great trading experience with
  • And it's up
  • Anyone else have issues with him?
  • snuffsahoysnuffsahoy Member
    edited April 2016 PM
    Almost had a deal with him, once I requested PayPal gift (i.e. seller protection) as payment comms went silent...

That's not proof of anything though, maybe he got sick, broke something etc and hasn't been able to fulfill his end of your agreement but will still come through when able.

Edit, oh never mind, looks like he's been active here, just not responding to all the guys looking for their part of the trade to arrive.

Well sorry guys, hope you're not out too much money after sending the special snowflake his presents.

Guys, require payment for shipping at least, even if the snuff is free, these guys are just in for the freebies that require nothing on their part beyond going to their mailbox. I've seen a few here lately, looking for something free. If you don't know them make everything cost something, it will really reduce this kind of crap from happening to good people.
  • TobeTobe Member
    edited April 2016 PM
    If someone can't at least cover shipping, I couldn't be bothered to even consider sending them snuff. If you can't cover shipping, you've got far more important things to worry about than where your next noseful of Poschl Schneeberg Weiss is coming from.

Trading is always risky, but I haven't had any issues yet other than realizing belatedly that I got the short end of the deal. I'm looking forward to completing a trade with @RailroadMills now, and I'm glad to read that someone else has already done so without a problem. I've also noted that where there apparently is a problem, no effort is being made to put forth another side to the story. It's all most helpful and enlightening.
  • @Tobe I'm working out my 2nd trade with @RailroadMills now. He's good people.
  • @Hitsuzen, yep he is. Just sent him something yesterday.
    I think the majority of us are. Just like in anything else, a couple out of a hundred persons might be dicks. ( not insinuating anything with HR but time will tell )
    Why doesn't he speak up and explain? Maybe it's just a big misunderstanding? ( faux sarcasm,not! ) or he's just a stereotypical Hawaiin stoner who forgets all kinds of pertinent stuff. Like appointments, obligations, jury duty and mailing snuff.
  • @snuffsahoy Thank you very much. Will take caution for sure.
  • @Hitsuzen @Jmahes Back at you guys;P
  • LloLlo Member
    Im glad I seen this. He was wanting honest scotch and I found some. Was getting ready to contact him.
  • I trade a lot in 2 other forums I am apart of and did a trade here with willc after he was looking for some toque special editions. All trades have gone smoothly and generously. I guess I am good natured but never thought about being ripped off. This was a good reality check of what could happen.
  • this thread kinda got a lil hijacked, back to the hawaiian ryan, a few weeks ago he helped me out with
    some good coconut syrup and few packs of pineapple flap jack mix.. it arrived in a priority box, well packed,
    and even contained 3 lil surprises.. toque ~toast & marmalade, Wilson's of sharrow's ~ Summer Berries and a bullet that says rustica sumptin' or another.. just hadda mention this, and thx ryan, !!.. 
    hopefully it gets straighterned out and Moderator, please remove the last name above, heck, posted by someone who doesnt even want his nickname shown, let alone, name.. thx..

1sweetbriar

the best antiques are old friends
  • I recently did a trade with the forum member in question here and while it did take him some time it all went just fine and I was quite impressed with what all he sent in trade. He actually messaged me without any provocation on my part to apologize for it taking him so long and explained why. There was a perfectly understandable medical reason which I won't discuss as its not my place. I just thought you all should know this and I hope this all sorts itself out.
  • Hopefully soon we'll see that happen and a lot of apologies all around.
  • Just to be fair, and to play devils advocate, it's possible he hasn't even seen this thread yet. It's already on the 2nd page (mobile version), which falls in the category of "buried", and I don't think anyone has tagged him yet. So, @Hawaiian_Ryan have you seen this yet?
  • SeanOCDPxSeanOCDPx Member
    edited May 2016 PM
    I intended to stay out of this, but I cracked.  I'll just say that it would be nice if there was a justified explanation and he popped back on, made things right, and could continue being an active member of Snuffhouse after all of this.  He was on here daily for months, and all was well... just another snuff enthusiast like myself as far as I could tell.

Thanks for having our backs by informing us [Deleted User].  Hope you're ok Hawaiin_Ryan.

• I was hoping this was a misunderstanding that would be straightened out.