Seneca Roll of 5. Only $9,99. Finest Quality Indian SnuffsToque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Wish you the best for 2017.

Cigarcumcision

chefdanielchefdaniel Member
edited June 2016 in Other Forms of Tobacco
I'm a bit curious how others prepare their cigars for a lovely, slow death by fire.  V-cut, guillotine, punch???

I started with the V-cut until Davidoff released their double guillotine and still use a punch for rings over 50.

Comments

• I used to have a Wenger Swiss Army Knife which had a cigar cutter, but sold that on as it wasn't getting enough use. If I have a cigar now, I just cut the end off with a pocket knife. I have considered getting myself a cheap cigar cutter, but mainly for cutting coins from pigtail and twist.

Cigars will only ever be a very rare treat for me, and I'd rather spend the money on tobacco for my pipe or nose instead, especially at UK prices.
  • I use a 45-70 casing, it makes a great circular punch for cigars and the other rimmed end makes a great tamp for the pipe.
  • @chefdaniel, i like the v-cut personally
  • I like to punch
  • My trusty Palio is my weapon of choice.
  • MouseMouse Member
    depends on the vitola, torpedos, for instance, get the guillotine; densely packed cigars almost always get a v cut or have the end lopped off, otherwise it's often a punch.
  • PsickoPsicko Member
    edited June 2016 PM
    I prefer v cut, but I lost my v cutter. I have a regular cutter and a punch. I use the punch in bigger ring gauges and regular cutter on the smaller ones. I prefer smaller ring gauges and shorter cigars. Torpedoes get the cutter. I don't smoke too many torpedoes though.
  • I'm not that educated or sophisticated to own a cutter or punch  .I have a metal clothes hanger I cut to ream a hole down the center. I never get any canoeing. I just use my teeth to bite the end off. I will use a utility knife blade and cut a Churchill in half after all a Churchill doesn't know it is one.  
    It's not the having, it's the getting. Elizabeth Taylor

• I cut churchills in half too, improves them in every way.
  • IM thinking im going to have to cut some of my bigger sticks in two. When I first started buying cigars I would buy the longer sticks, only to find out I like the shorter smaller ring gauge. That's a good idea. I smoke cigars slowly, and I don't like spending that much time smoking a cigar unless IM smoking cigars with friends.
  • I use the Cuban Crafters Perfect Cutter. I've tried other cutters and punches, and always come back to that one.

• An advantage of lopping a few inches off the end of cigars that seem like too much of a time commitment is that you can accumulate a few, then mill down for snuff.