10% off Copenhagen. Get them while they last. Finest Quality Indian SnuffsToque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Buy two of the same Thunder and get a free Oliver Twist Black Tobacco Bits.

Cobguy's Home Milled Snuffs

I had the pleasure recently of sampling some excellent and rare snuffs. They were kindly sent to me by @Cobguy, who produced them from raw leaf to my snuffbox.

I knew he was dabbling in snuffmaking, having heard about the production of his first batch. I was surprised to find a second snuff in the package as well--along with pipe blends and other goodies, a generous heap o' leaf, in all.

First, I propose the acronym ISARBHG or just ISAR: I stink at reviews, but here goes.

Koala Natural--ISARBHG This one knocked my socks off and I nearly made myself sick the first day from gluttony. Honestly, I'm not a eucalyptus fan. I take WoS Camphor & Mild before I try a menthol for unclogging, though. Anyway, I had something else in the nose when the mail came. I took a large pinch from the packet of fine, medium-dark snuff. I got a fairly strong burn easing into beautiful tobacco goodness. There's a smokiness reminiscent of an American scotch, but balanced with sweeter tobacco scents. Exploring more over time, I find the eucalyptus at the beginning of the pinch as the burn starts. Also, it is deceptively moist for such a fine mill, and consequently easier to take than a scotch or toast. Nicotine is there, probably similar to IHT#22 in effect. I do not do this stuff justice. It really is top-shelf snuff.

Girl Scout Cookies--ISAR but it is easy to make this one appealing! I think that if this were a commercial snuff, people would Hoover it right up. I called it a GSC Thin Mint for the nose in the What's in Your Nose? thread. The chocolate is dark, rich, and most importantly real. The mint is in perfect balance with the chocolate. Through some kitchen alchemy, this confection is bolstered by tobacco flavors and soothing nicotine. I am not enamored of Toque's Chocolate. Girl Scout Cookies is "just like it says on the tin," though. I am not a lover of chocolate mint in general and this stuff is it. It's a dessert-type snuff of course. Objectively, with those factors in mind, I pronounce this another top-shelf snuff.

I was really impressed with the quality of this snuff from a first time snuffmaker. I hope to stay on his good side, so I can sample what comes next!

Comments

• @TerrapinFlyer, what do the acronyms mean?
  • Pay attention; there's a quiz! Ha ha. @jmahes: "I Stink At Reviews But Here Goes." I think some of us could get some mileage out of it.
  • Haha you put it right after too. Man I think I work too much sometimes
    :D
  • @TerrapinFlyer, thanks for the great reviews!  I've been busy working on more recipes and am excited with this new endeavor.  Hats off to you again for getting this ball rolling!  To the other couple of people that I said I'd send samples to ... not forgotten, just super busy and thanks for your patience.
  • Is this New Mill snuff Company ? 8-X 8-}
    It's not the having, it's the getting. Elizabeth Taylor

• LOL ... how about Southwest Snuffs?  Overseas it could be House of Cob:-j

• Do what you like Cob sounds corny :(|)
    It's not the having, it's the getting. Elizabeth Taylor

• Groan.

• @Cobguy Any new offerings in the near future? Would like to sample any you have available now.
    Was going to get some last summer but really like to try samples before ordering any substantial amount. It sounds like your new year is very busy. Thanks.
  • PsickoPsicko Member
    edited January 8 PM
    He's been super busy with life and stuff. On another post somewhere he mentioned that he was starting a new job and will be moving soon. I think he said that he will resume once he gets settled.
  • I'm very patient. Hope everything works out for him in the near future.
  • it will be great when he's set up. he has a nice touch with tobacco
  • Agreed. Can't wait to sample more of his creations.
  • Hey, I know @Cobguy from another forum.  Cool to see you're a member over here too!  I've tried some of his home grown Vaper pipe tobacco and it was really, really good, in fact, I need to go back and revisit that one.  

It's very cool to see you're making snuff as well.

• Hawaiian_RyanHawaiian_Ryan Member, Moderator
    You really gotta try @Cobguy 's "Chocolate Eclair" snuff it's really really good one of the best chocolate snuffs out there now.And you can tell he put his time into it and it's not made half ass.
    I hope he has some special new snuff blends.As I can't wait to try dem all.

@Cobguy has the talent to become a very good snuff maker.

I wish u the best of luck!
    Peace and Alohas buddy,

Ryan Orta
  • Agreed re: Chocolate Eclair.  The scent is up there with DeKralingse Chococreme for me!
  • Chocolate Eclair is amazing, can't wait until he makes more.
  • trailbosstrailboss Member
    edited January 9 PM
    Chocolate Eclair is indeed a great blend, I had the pleasure of getting some desert campfire...very tasty.

quote:ISAR: I stink at reviews

ditto
  • When's more available?
  • I am Interested in trying some of these creations as soon as you get settled in, they do sound real nice.
  • @CaptShipwreck no specific timeframe as of yet.
  • Now I'm definitely interested!
  • I did just received some red fcv cavendish and some Semois seeds from him yesterday.
    Was a swap for Aztec Rustica seeds.
    Thanks @Cobguy
  • Thanks so much for all the kind words guys!! I'll be back ASAP ... in a hurricane of life right now. Lol. Take care and have a good one! ?
  • Girl Scout Cookies is a also a brand of hi-octane marijuana they sell in one of the local pot shops in my town. In Colorado, you can get any type of pot, but you'll be hard pressed to find snuff. Strange world....
  • Maybe in the not to far future we in the pot legal states will be able to obtain marijuana snuff. Know of a few producers that are looking into this option as another alternative to smoking or ingesting it.
  • HitsuzenHitsuzen Moderator
    @Cobguy I'm extremely excited to try some of these. @mrmanos @nicmizer That may have already been figured out... you know, theoretically.
  • I think THC needs to be activated through application of heat.  Maybe make some ghee out of MJ butter for a nice schmalzler?
  • Keep any recommendations coming in on this subject.
  • HitsuzenHitsuzen Moderator
    It is very fat soluble, especially in oils rich in MCTs like coconut oil. Problem is that it's not transdermally active. CBD on the other hand, is both, so good for epileptics like myself.