Get 50% off selected Toque snuffs. Finest Quality Indian SnuffsToque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Get 50% off selected Samuel Gawith snuffs.

Players Navy Cut WWII Packs

I found these at IMA, a dealer in military antiques. World War 2 era English cigarettes still in the pack, unopened. I thought it to be interesting, historically.

http://www.ima-usa.com/british-navy-cut-cigarette-pack-wwii-original-unissued.html?cmp=cel&trigger=ac

Comments

• WOW Nice find, intact too. Imagine if they were still fresh found in Alaska frozen in a block of ice, ive given up smoking although I would have one of those :P
  • Hey I think that IMA company selling the cigarettes is the same as the one from the TV show Family Guns. So cool!
  • It's the same. I bought one of their Snider rifles. It cleaned up well and is a nice shooter.
  • Nice nice, yeah unfortunately we cant even buy replicas here in Australia it comes with the same penalty as a real firearm. Bit silly I was thinking about buying one of the ww1 trench knifes, although I'm not sure how it would go with our customs. I would give anything for a period Luger, ahhh one day, one day
  • There are Australians with those rifles. In fact, an Aussie on YouTube has some vids of him hunting with his. There is even a company in Australia that makes a great bullet mold for the Snider. The Sniders were made 1860s-1870s. In the US they are not even considered firearms by the federal government. But you might check. IMA ships worldwide and sells these as non functional antiques. They were found in a palace in Katmandu. They also have a lot of Martini Henry rifles like in the olf Zulu movie with Michael Caine.

Mine came covered in 150 years of yak fat preservative. No rust but a lot of cleaning to make it look nice. As nice as the bore was, I took my chances. It shoots very well to about 100 yards.

There is a Canadian chap who goes by britishmuzzleloaders on YouTube. He wears period gear and fires off the old weapons of the empire.