Seneca Roll of 5. Only $9,99. Finest Quality Indian SnuffsToque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Wish you the best for 2017.

How much can you snuff

How many grams per day can you use of strong snuff?

Comments

• The more tolerance your body has for nicotine, the more you can snuff. Historically there were people who could take in 25 grams or more per day with no ill effects.

• I haven't measured it, but I'd say I average 2 grams daily. If I'm drinking, it's a whole different story.
  • I usually do about a gram of snuff a day... though sometimes I will go for a few days without any tobacco, and on a hard partying weekend I've been known to kill a large Toque tin in one weekend.
  • I would estimate about 5 gr average.
    It used to take me about 3 months to kill 150gr of White Elephant now a bit over a month. And that's just WE. I use many different sorts throughout the week
  • I honestly don't know. My average is pretty low though. Some days I don't snuff at all and other days I go at it consistently.
    @cpmcdill- holy crap, 25 grams? I can't even imagine downing a 25g tin a day. If I may ask, I'd like to see those documents or whatever.
  • @Psicko - There were some articles over the years in The Snuff Takers Ephemeris about historic snuff users, often describing just how copious their intake was. Not sure if there are any copies of these magazines online, but they do show up sometimes on ebay.

Most of what I know I know is assorted trivia picked up from browsing countless books and/or articles about tobacco. So it's hard to recollect where specific details originate from. The Internet Archive has a lot of historical works on tobacco, including snuff, free to view, and you might find some of this information there, for example:

https://archive.org/details/b2202282x

Also, check here: http://modernsnuff.com/books/index.html

And this Polish site which has a list of pdfs in English as well:
    http://www.top25snuff.com/dokumnety-tabaczane.html

• Cool. Thanks. I'll check it out.
  • I'll save this for reference thanks
  • edited October 2016 PM
    I seen you tube videos Guy railing a half dozen 9 meter lines. I have no clue where it all went.
    It's not the having, it's the getting. Elizabeth Taylor

• He gonna OD
  • JustinJustin Moderator
    It would be pretty easy to get through 25g of schmalzler in a day - although I seem to end up wearing as much as I get up my nose. That and the epic drip is why I don't use it in public!
    "Reality," sa molesworth 2, "is so unspeakably sordid it make me shudder."
  • Snuff championship.

• I'd probably go through maybe 2-5g of Viking brown or Thors hammer a day.
  • I have never weighed it to be sure but I know I use at least 5 grams a day or more as I can empty one of the small wos tins in a day without any trouble and sometimes more. G'Day
    If It Ain't Broke Don't Fix It!
  • lunecatlunecat Member
    edited November 2016 PM

It depends some days 3gms, other days 6gms. But to be honest I dislike the idea of the more you snuff the better & I am always there in the front to ridicule those ridiculous snuff taking competions, where you get fools trying to jam in as much snuff up their nose as possible. It reminds me of those fat Americans that compete in hamburger eating contests .... that is with extra cheese of course!!!

• Hawaiian_RyanHawaiian_Ryan Member
    edited November 2016 PM
    I probably use around like 2to4grams daily at the most.But on rare occasions I can do more expecially when I'm stressing out b-(
  • I probably use 2 grams for day . Sometimes less , sometimes more :)
  • 5g per day very consistently. I have tried to reduce this amount simply because I noticed that when snuffing less, the satisfaction from single pinches is higher when pinching more seldom. But it is impossible as one pinch is so diminishing amount that postponing a pinch does not feel like saving anything. So I am stuck at 5g :)
  • @lunecat were you facebook stalking me to find that photo? 
  • I take tiny amounts compared to most, I guess. about a gram every three/four days. Never dipped/chewed/smoked cigarettes though, only pipes and cigars (never inhaled) prior to nasal snuff, so I suspect that effects things a bit, having a very moderate approach to tobacco in general.
  • It takes me 4 to 7 days to go through 10 grams. Like everyone else, when drinking that goes up dramatically.
  • @aguineapig, I'm right there with you. I have the same tobacco background as you.
  • edited December 2016 PM
    8-10g daily some days more depending on time and stress.