Get 50% off selected Toque snuffs. Finest Quality Indian SnuffsToque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Get 50% off selected Samuel Gawith snuffs.

Does it help to let it breathe sometimes?

I cracked open my first tin of Samuel Gawith Kendal Brown Special the other day.  First pinch, I wasn't that impressed.  In fact, I liked it less than the Kendal Brown Original (which I'd only ever had in the tap box before, and which went desert-dry after a week or so).

I shook just about a day's worth into my "snuffbox" (an empty 10g WoS tin, which is not airtight) and the next morning it was like a different snuff.  It had improved dramatically.

So, my question: Is it normal that some snuffs benefit from some air first, when taken right out of the vacuum tin?  Or am I just imagining things?

Comments

• Most get ammonia when first opening a tin. you either like the fresh scent or loathe it. It your personal taste so do as you like.  
    My knowledge is worthless if not shared and applied . "Joseph McKenna"  
  • I personally like the ammonia- infested freshness and the Aired out outcome.
  • I typically have to air these out, same with a lot of the Viking range. Personally I'm not a fan of the ammonia scent so I decant into smaller snuff tins and let those air out. I made the mistake of airing out the entire Viking tin and started to go dry before I could get through it, now I just use a small empty Toque tin if I am heading out.