The eXitar tobacco vaporizer is a great alternative to smoking. Check it out.Finest Quality Indian SnuffsToque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Mr.Snuff is moving the warehouse. Please bear with us and thanks for your support.

New EU Laws and the impact on our passion

Comments

• Can someone clarify the timescale for me? Is this new regulation coming into effect on 19th November the "deadly" one? i.e. no snuff from then on? If not then what is the status of the "towards the ban" legislation?
    Simply put - how much time is there to prepare for the worst?

Anyway my friend here already wrote to our MEPs here in CZ and I about to right now...
  • 50ft, 

3rd last line ...this not looks... 'typo' you meant ...this now looks...

Otherwise great!
  • @50ft_trad thank you for the template, we need to find out which law that will destroy some of these snuff company's so we can reference it in the letter. Also it just occurred to me they use a Snuff box in the house of lords so I guess if this law passes they wont get any snuff either.
  • @Roderick Oops, too late. Letter has already been sent to all parties.

@Aamon Reference the European Union Tobacco Products Directive
  • I will obviously keep you all aware of any replies I receive. I would encourage others to share their replies too - we may be able to get like minded individuals talking to each other, and this will have more chance of impact if there is cross parliamentary support and understanding
  • edited November 2016 PM
    Just roll snuff in cigarette tubes and seal both ends. package them to look like cigarette. Blend No.1, No.2, No.3, and so forth.
     Ok sell snuff as insecticide.  
    My knowledge is worthless if not shared and applied . "Joseph McKenna"  
  • @basement_shaman that would incur all the same costs, PLUS all the additional exceedingly high duties which are incurred by not being snuff.
  • This is from Bernards website:

Dear customers and snuff lovers,

Due to the new German regulations based on EU regulations (TPD2) we are forced to make the necessary adjustments to all our snuff packings. The new rules are concerning the warning labels and the look of the snuff labels. That is why we will change the labels after having sold of all the snuffs that we have on stock. The snuffs will only change their appearance and some of them will also have to change their name, but the recipes, traditional production and the quality will be kept on the same high level you all know.

The German resellers are allowed to sell the established products until the 20th of May 2017.

Thank you very much for your understanding, kind regards,

Bernard Schnupftabak GmbH
  • RogueRogue Member, Administrator
    What the fuckin bullshit are those brickheaded politicians up to now?!? Can we not enjoy anything in this world anymore?! Will I have to pay a fee to pet a dog? Will my piss be measured and taxed? Are we even allowed to breathe anymore?!
    Sorry, I must stop here, the politicians just wanted to tax me per word.
  • Looks like there's going to be an upsurge of interest in home production. Even if some brands and products remain available in the short term, you'd have to be a raging optimist not to be worried that any remaining loopholes will soon be closed. I'd really like it if @mrsnuff and other suppliers started selling equipment specifically intended to produce snuff from leaf.
  • I am very happy for Bernard , nothing change for him and I think the same for Poschl
  • Will any of this hinder orders directly from Toque being shipped to USA?
  • AamonAamon Member
    edited November 2016 PM
    Possibly if we target a specific news outlet with enough emails from this snuff community they very well might run a story which would significantly help out fight.
    Also another way to keep supply going for a little longer, the snuff companies could come to an agreement with online distributors in the EU to hold bulk before the laws are put in place. Then sell off the product as normal, I'm sure these laws will only prevent future sales not already held merchandise.
  • SHbickelSHbickel Member
    edited November 2016 PM
    I would commit to the largest bulk container of (pleaseohplease) Grand Cairo!
  • Our US customers are safe. It's our European customers I'm worried about. If I register all of our snuffs in all 28 of the EU countries it would cost me more than 80 times our turnover.
  • @Roderick , This EU regulation is highway robbery...very ill-sighted and sneaky on their part
  • This is truely devastating. It is the long (sadly) awaited snuffageddon for all of us. I have no words to describe my anger at the moment...
  • MrSnuffMrSnuff Administrator
    I'll repeat here what i said on the other thread:

I want you all not to worry too much. 

I will find a legal way around this; that I guarantee you. If need be I will open a second small warehouse outside the EU and sell from there.

The only issue is will the snuff manufacturers buy into it, or will they keep their heads stuck in the sand and simply stop producing the snuffs that don't sell that well. 
  • JosephJamesJosephJames Member
    edited November 2016 PM
    Those of us outside the EU will support snuff manufacturers and retailers. I will be placing orders as much as I can for the foreseeable future, depending on how much flak I get from my CFO (wife).

Is there anything those of us outside the EU or UK can do? Perhaps someone to send an email to, pointing out the money we spend that goes to snuff retailers and manufacturers?
  • JosephJamesJosephJames Member
    edited November 2016 PM
    OK, I found an email address for Rt. Honorable David Davis, Secretary of State for exiting the EU. I sent a polite email. I hope it will do some good. If Grand Cairo disappears, I will not be pleased at all.
  • I appreciate @MrSnuff and @Roderick's cocommitment to making sure that snuffs of as wide a range as possible will remain available to as many people as possible. But some of these workarounds that they are being forced to consider are going to be very expensive, and they'll have a diminished market for their products. At the very least, snuff will probably become dramatically more expensive.
  • I haven't heard about this yet but I would politely like to say it's bullshit
  • Is there anything us Yankees can do to help?
  • edited November 2016 PM
    @Roderick could you sell the topping separate from the flour? Then you could just sell the different grinds of base tobacco, and flavors could be in dropper bottles for the customer to mix as strong or weak as they like or create their own mix. Topping flavors could be a separate enterprise with a link from your Toque site. You could say they are cake flavorings or Icecream flavorings 

You could also sell a blending book so mix drink snuffs can be made . I seen a thread  somewhere here of different Toque snuffs combined to make them. http://snuffhouse.com/discussion/2686/a-wonderful-list-of-toque-cocktails ;

And of course you could still continue blending for outside the EU Zone. 

Of all the things I have lost ,it's my mind I miss the most!
    My knowledge is worthless if not shared and applied . "Joseph McKenna"  
  • if we get an EU situation in the USA further down the pike, myabe snuff could be produced in Mexico? Trafficking of a different sort and healthier I trust
  • LloLlo Member
    edited November 2016 PM
    @marco It is in the USA. FDA announced the ruling this year.
    http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm499234.htm
  • I am confused.

Are plain, unscented, tobacco snuffs going to be allowed and anything with menthol, fruit flavours and scents, herb essences and camphor to be banned?

This is how I read it.

Somebody please explain simply to me.

Thank you. 

• We will smuggle if we have to. This is democracy going mad. We make a product that saves smokers lives and has less harm than sweets and sugar.

Basement, Yes we could sell a base snuff and the flavourings separately. I have been talking to the govt. about all the ways we can get round this stupid ruling and they are trying to help. The bottom line is the British Government does not want our businesses put at a disadvantage.
  • Good to hear someone is listening.
  • ArtChooArtChoo Member
    edited November 2016 PM

Roderick.     You are on the right lines.  

Home brewers in the UK can buy stills to make bio fuel ,  ingredients to ferment and flavours to add to the resulting spirits, all under one roof at their local home brewing shop.

Making spirits for personal consumption is illegal in the UK.   Selling the individual components is not.

The law is only broken when you assemble all of the components to make your own cheap gins and whiskies etc. 

I personally would not touch the stuff for health reasons. I will stick to all grain beer brewing.

So safe consumable flavourings and plain  tobacco snuffs could be the way forward.

p.s.  I would not be surprised if the politicians hit home brewers as well in the near future.

Cheers from Art.