Oliver Twist Tobacco Bits. Only £4.99 ea. Finest Quality Indian SnuffsToque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Buy for $10.00 or more and get a free Seneca Original.

FNG/FOG Trade?

Hello All. Here's an idea: 

When I had started to get into pipe smoking, I joined a forum for pipe smokers. They had started a 'program' which was very beneficial, in my opinion, to newcomers. It was an FNG/FOG (F'ing New/Old Guy) trade. The way it worked, as far as I remember, was this: 

An old member (FOG) of the forum would post when he was ready to make a new tobacco purchase. Instead of purchasing the tobacco directly from a seller, he would go to the FNG/FOG thread and state he was willing to trade an equal amount of a variety of tobaccos (which he would list) he had for whatever new tin of tobacco he wanted. A FNG post if he was interested, and if they agreed they would trade addresses. Once the FNG sent him the invoice/receipt, the FOG would mail him the samples in ziplocks.

I tried it, and I thought it was a great exposure to tobaccos I may not have purchased right away. 

Do you think this would work with snuff? 

Comments

• We have a trade thread that works very well already. So yes, I do think it would work with snuff.