Get 50% off selected FUBAR snuffs. Finest Quality Indian SnuffsToque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Get 50% off selected 6 Photo snuffs.

Roderick Toque, read please.

RogueRogue Member, Administrator
Can Roderick Toque please contact me? I find a vulnerability on your site.

Comments

• @Roderick

A PM might be a better choice, @Rogue
    :)
  • RogueRogue Member, Administrator
    Can't remember his username.
  • Roderick is his username.
    Oh, ok. Thanks
  • Got it! Thanks Roque.
  • Because of this post now I want to know what the vulnerability is :P its like they say curiosity killed the cat
  • if you put my home address as the place to ship all the snuff is free. That @Aamon is the vulnerablity
  • AamonAamon Member
    edited December 2016 PM
    ahaha @bob that would be a vulnerability and kind of hilarious I know Roderick wouldn't be laughing. Though I was having a shit day but this made me laugh :)
    @Aamon Full disclosure can be irresponsible disclosure, and should (IMO) only be released in a worst case scenario where a company refuses to fix it, despite numerous emails, putting their users at risk. Imo its better to force a company to fix a vuln than to have innocent people put at risk.
    I can however, guarantee you all that Toque, mrsnuff etc takes security very seriously, and are quick to fix it, keeping your (and my) information (usernames, passwords, payment method etc) safe and sound.
    I have seen, and attempted to help companies before which literally responded with "No, our servers are safe"...some of them were actually hacked by malicious kids some time later. Whenever I use a website, be it for shopping or communicating, I take the security very seriously, because I would rather not have my CC sold in the "dark web" for 6 dollars.

Alas, thats very unlikely to happen here, seeing as most snuffsites Ive pentested (penetration tested..dont misunderstand please, I dont like technology in that way), meet modern standards.
  • AamonAamon Member
    edited December 2016 PM
    @Rogue You could easily have just said "No"  :P
    But thanks for the reassurance that my favorite and most visited sites probably wont get hacked.
  • MrSnuffMrSnuff Administrator
    We recently started taking Bitcoin as a way to allow customers to not ever need to disclose credit card information. It also saves us 2% in transaction fees which we pass along. 

I will admit it is a bit of a pain to set up, but IMHO it is worth it. A google search reveals that many many big companies now accept bitcoin. 

We did it ourselves to see just what is involved from a consumer as well as a merchant standpoint and have written out full instructions here if you are interested:  https://mrsnuff.com/bitcoin.html

Any feedback much appreciated.

If I was to give you a 10% discount storewide as an incentive to get yourself a bitcoin wallet, would you do it?

:)

• Personally I have kept clear of bitcoin. It seems nothing in the digital world is safe these days, although if your regular cash account gets hacked, you are protected. Although I openly admit I know little about bitcoin, I don't see anyone protecting my currency in the event of a tech attack. I am actively trying to reduce my digital footprint to minimise potential for exploitation, and pay cash where possible to avoid snooping and data mining. If I could turn back the clock to when the goods we bought were the commodities instead of the shoppers themselves being farmed for profitable data, I most certainly would.

Sorry, that was off topic and not a reflection on any sellers in the snuff world. Just a gripe at the way the world is going, and my lack of faith in "developments". I hate the digital world making me and my life a product to be consumed by others.
    @50ft_trad The idea behind btc is to create a currency that a national government doesnt control. btc is quite literally just made up of data (Not unlike the cash thats not physical until you withdraw it from your bank account). a side effect of a currency that doesnt belong to a government is that its hard for them to follow any trail, and of course, see who owns what. In theory, you can be an extremely rich person without having to pay taxes..hell, you can be rich without the gov even knowing! Basically, btc is entirely yours, you own it, and you dont owe anyone for it. Its also universal, can be used almost everywhere!
  • Thanks @Rogue but I think I'll stick to safer currency systems with contingencies and protections, even if I do have to pay fees and taxes. No hacks or viruses to worry about that I can't put right with a couple of phone calls, and no government agencies thinking I'm up to no good. I'm a believer that if something sounds too good to be true, it usually is. Each to their own though.
  • AamonAamon Member
    edited December 2016 PM
    I can see the benefits of bitcoin, though I will not be using it due to ethical reasons. A completely untraceable online currency typically used for black market purchases should not be adopted as a legitimate currency. I understand other people would have alternative views on this, mine is based from possibly outdated though personal experiences and beleifs regarding this currency
  • @MrSnuff I will have nothing to do with bitcoin period "myself"  , G'Day
    If It Ain't Broke Don't Fix It!
    I'll admit I was as sceptical as you guys until I saw that Richard Branson (Virgin) put a stack of cash into Bitpay (a bitcoin exchange). That tweaked my interest since he tends to be a long-term investor with brand being critical to him. Whenever he or Warren Buffet invest in something you can be sure it is legitimate and stands a good chance of having legs over the long term.

I then did a bit more research and was astounded at how many big name retailers now accept bitcoin. 

see here for a few.

Even some big name banks are trying to get in on the action.

To me at least that makes things legit.

While it is true that bitcoin is used for more nefarious purposes, so is cash. 

It might at least be worth a closer look. Bear in mind that banks and governments will only point out the negatives because they don't control it to the same extent as they control money.

Here are a few links if you are interested:

• The other side which nullifies it is what has become dubbed in the UK as the Snoopers Charter. Whilst the amount of bitcoins you have might not be readily visible, all digital comms in the UK will be recorded and easily accessed, so it will be easy for officialdom to gain visibility over your bitcoin activities anyway.... rendering the whole exercise pointless.

I'm not trying to talk anyone out of it, just saying that for me it seems like extra hassle with no real benefit. Even purchase discounts wouldn't make it worth my while. Sorry.
    Well it is not really to hide anything, although privacy is important I think. There is not for nought that in the UK you are not required to have ID on you at all times. 

It is more the fact that there is not really any good reason to be gouged by banks and CC companies any more. 

No need to be sorry. It is a discussion, is all. I am interested to hear differing opinions.
  • I agree it probably will be taken on as a recognized currency. Though I really hope banks do not adopt this currency, they lend out enough money they dont have, imagine what will happen when theyre giving out bitcoin loans that technically do not exist only virtually. There will be alot of abuse within this industry,
  • I'd be happy to use bit coin. I'm just a bit worried about keeping any significant value in bit coins because they seem so volatile. They make the British pound look like a rock of stability. The volatility is great for speculators, but not for consumers.
  • Can be possible form of new world order currency.
  • When i first used bitcoin they were cheep as chips, then i remember they zoomed up to about
  • @Aamon, banks can't lend out bit coin they don't have. Every transaction is verified by the blockchain, the only way to get new bitcoin into circulation is to mine then, and that takes significant computing power. 

@roderik , any update on when/if you will be accepting bit coin. I'm not sure why @mrsnuff said it was difficult to get started, it's much easier and cheaper than accepting credit cards. Actually accepting bitcoin is free, you only lose out when you change back to a fiat currency like GBP or USD. 
  • @mrsnuff Yes 10% would be quite the motivator.  I know you outsource your warehousing but if they could use transglobal express instead of royal mail because stateside shipping is the biggest block to making orders from other side of the pond.  Bitcoin discount would be great, but shipping discount might motivate me even more.
  • @mrsnuff

Is that 10% discount for Bitcoin offer available to everyone ?