Seneca Roll of 5. Only $9,99. Finest Quality Indian SnuffsToque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Wish you the best for 2017.

Rooster (NOW IN STOCK)

MrSnuffMrSnuff Administrator
edited December 2016 in General
After several years of absence, the infamous Rooster might be available soon.

Watch this space.

Comments

• Awesome! I was so upset a few years back when I misplaced my tin of rooster!
  • Awesome!! ~:> I can't wait!! \:D/
  • I urge anyone who's not had the pleasure to try it. To my mind it's the best American Scotch by a large margin.
  • As in, freshly manufactured, or is it a trove of New Old Stock that turned up somewhere?

• @cpmcdill All that I have was purchased pre-pact, so it is now almost 10 years old. I still find it as pleasurable today as I did when it was brand-spankin new.
  • @MrSnuff why did you stop stocking it in the first place? I only started snuffing not too long ago so I have no idea
  • Hey Rooster Fans,
    There are several listings on eBay, today Dec 12, 2016. One is a 4.5 oz glass jar, unopened. The others include 3 small tins for $49, and a dozen unopened 1979 tins in the original cardboard box for $199. I've never tried it, but had read about it here before. I'm too tight to spend that kind of dough on something untried, but I might get the big jar if I can convince myself it's that much better than the other American scotches, of which I have many, many, including some big old glass jars of Garrett plain and sweet, Maccoboy, Red Seal, Honest, Tube Rose, etc. I like them all. But they are similar in my opinion. Oh yeah, I almost forgot...there is also a 4.5 oz jar of Red Rose Sweet. I happen to have a small tin of that snuff, which I also found on eBay a few years ago. It was perfectly stored, and though the rose scent is a little hard to detect, it nonetheless is a really smooth, delicious snuff. I rarely use it because its so hard to find, but it'd please me greatly if one of my brothers in snuff found it.
  • MrSnuffMrSnuff Administrator
    Rooster is NOW in stock.

Yes.

In addition I have procured for your delectation and delight, the following:

Dental Scotch (both sweet and mild)
    Tube Rose
    WE Garrett (both sweet and strong)
    Brutons
    CC Sweet (used to be called Carhart's CC I recall)
    DeVoe
    Ralphs
    Red Seal
    Standard

Along with the 20 Swisher you now have a grand selection of 31 different US snuffs to sample. 

I believe we can probably claim to have the largest selection available anywhere in the world. In nearly 10 years of doing this I have never had all of these in stock at the same time. 

Those of you who have been around Snuffhouse this past decade will appreciate why I am so happy about this. It's the small things I guess, but I have a strong feeling of achievement actually managing to finally source all these.

Over 36 hours and nearly 2000 miles of personally driving, picking up, packing and shipping. 

I hope you like it!

:D
  • Bravo  !!!!        =D> =D> =D>
  • JustinJustin Moderator
    Well done, Dave, and thank you!
    "Reality," sa molesworth 2, "is so unspeakably sordid it make me shudder."
  • edited January 3 PM
    I finally got my local tobacco store here in central Arkansas to re stock Rooster snuff, a bit under 8 bux with tax included , I already have some excellent old stock Rooster in the cellar , I figure to buy at least a case of this fresh Rooster just in case. G'Day
    If It Ain't Broke Don't Fix It!
  • @TigerJackshere, I'm taking this means that Rooster is being made again, and not a bunch of new old stock?
  • @Psicko I assume so
  • Good to hear if that's the case.
  • Mike_BMike_B Member
    edited January 5 PM

Kudos to @MrSnuff for locating so many of the scotches and sweets, including really rare ones like Standard, Starr, Rooster and Checkerberry. 

Now...if only they could find some reasonably fresh Railroad Mills Maccoboy!   I think Georgia is (or was) the last place to sell that one.

• If I were to order one scotch and one sweet from the entire selection, which two are the "must try"? The only one I've had is WE Garrett.
  • edited January 6 PM
    @Afterglow WE & Honey Bee , seeing as how you have tried WE give Rooster a try, as far as flavor I like WE better but as far as strength I like Rooster better & I think Honey Bee is the best American sweet but the other sweets are ok as well. G'Day
  • Alright, you all got me stoked about this Rooster snuff.  Gonna have to add it to my next order.
  • cpmcdillcpmcdill Member
    edited January 9 PM
    Honey Bee or Swisher's Wild Cherry are my top sweet scotch favorites. Rooster is definitely a top choice for the dry unsweetened. Second choice is Three Thistles Strong. Garrett's good, though the smokiness has a bit more of the "burning tire" characteristic (yes, I've burned some tires in my day, bridges too). Truth be told, I doubt that any of the non-sweet American scotches will disappoint, but with the sweets you do run more of a risk of finding snuffs that are cloying or artificial seeming.

• I will note that all snuffers should have some Rooster(s) in their bug-out-bag! I will start using it as a all day snuff WTSHTF for sure! I do prefer the milder Honey Bee as a daily or as a mixer with some under rated snuffs.
  • Mike_BMike_B Member
    edited January 9 PM
    Rooster's pretty good, but for a smoky scotch I'd take Three Thistle, Superior or Square over Rooster.  Gotta love the Rooster label though--so awesomely old-timey [though not as old-timey as Starr]
  • The Honey Bee is fantastic! Thanks for the recommendation!