Get 50% off selected FUBAR snuffs. Finest Quality Indian SnuffsToque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Get 50% off selected 6 Photo snuffs.

Semois Tobacco

I am sure some of you pipe smokers have seen Tabac Manil. I have not tried it, but it is described as being its own strain of tobacco due to the growing environment.

Has anyone ever tried making snuff with it?

Here is a link about it and the grower.

http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/3787/tabac-manil-pure-semois

Comments

• That's a good idea. It is completely uncased, and should mill like a dream. I've smoked it, and find the flavor quite nice. Would be great blended with other tobaccos as well.

• I grew Semois this year and posted some photos here on the garden thread.

It's a lot like Burley but with a more pronounced nutty / floral aspect and makes a great smoke or snuff.

Also, I collected thousands and thousands of seeds if anyone would like to try growing it next year.

• @Cobguy will it change its flavor being grown in a different place?
  • @JosephJames, location (Terroir) will change the flavor and certainly did for me.  The buddy that gave me the seeds grew the same strain in Maryland and I grew mine in Arizona.  His was more like Tabac Manil's while mine was more subdued in flavor.  Next time I will use a lot more Nitrogen at the start and harvest much earlier.  While it was a decent crop, I will only grow a small amount next season and focus on other Burley and Orientals.

• @Cobguy PM sent.