Best prices on Dholakia 25g and 9g snuffs. Finest Quality Indian SnuffsToque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

6 Photo Assorted. Get 15 different snuff tins in this selection.

Tranter's snuff discontinued!

Hi folks,
I've just found out that the entire Tranter's range has been discontinued.
Even though Wilson's have been making it, neither they or Havana House (who are the sellers) seem to have any future plans.
Very sad, and supposedly its down to EU regulations.
The worst part for me is that my all time favourite snuff is Tranter's 29 special. Although others have stated that Wilson's Royal George is the same, I have tins of both in front of me as I write, and they're defintely not the same. RG is okay, but not as good as 29 Special.
Wilson's suggested Jockey Club as an alternative - again, okay for what it is, but not a patch on Tranters.
Ho hum - a sad day.

Comments

• Yes, it's turbulent times in the snuff world. However, the battle for rationale and perspective continues, and both manufacturers and users are working to address the unfairness in the system. Hopefully in time there will be an easing of the legislation for harm reduction products, and some snuffs currently "at risk" or "discontinued" will once again become available.

If you are in the UK, please write to your MP and get them on board with the benefits of harm reduction, and the unfairness in the registration fees. A multi billion pound company producing a small range of cigarettes pays a fraction of what is paid by small snuff companies with a diverse range of harm reduction product which can and do help people to quit smoking. We need to enlighten our decision makers, so they can right the wrongs.
  • Never had any, but if it was better than Royal George I am glad I didn't. I do hate when favorites are discontinued. Sorry for your loss ~X(
    It's not the having, it's the getting. Elizabeth Taylor

• Maybe worth contacting any of the Havana House outlets directly (like Windsor)  and asking if you could buy their entire stock before it all goes.

I really really liked the 'Country Doctor' snuff.

• Damn, that sucks. Another one gone. I hadn't even heard of Tranters until now.
  • detheridgedetheridge Member
    edited January 4 PM
    Thanks for the comments folks.
    I've contacted various Havana House outlets and cleaned most of them out of the last supplies of 29 Special, being now the proud owner of 21 tins!  :-D
    For Lunecat - Country Doctor is a terrific snuff. Actually, Wilson's Aniseed and Eucalyptus is essentially the same recipe, so do try it out.
    As a matter of interest, Wilson's online catalogue appears to have been decimated. Even their Country Mint (the same as Tranter's Light Mint, which got me started on this slippery slope way back in 1974!) has been discontinued....
  • Hi again folks,
    Lunecat - I've just got the final 2 tins of 29 special from Havana House in Hove, together with 2 of Country Doctor. They have quite a few Country Docs left in stock if you're interested. Very helpful folks on 01273-731351 (usual disclaimer)