Black Friday All Week. Finest Quality Indian SnuffsToque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Black Friday Sale On Now.

DIY kuripe - possibly the ideal "blow-it-up-your-nose" accessory for fine&dry snuff

GilliatGilliat Member
edited April 5 in Snuff Accessories
 As I have a huge diversity of lovely fine and dry snuffs that I still find difficult to take,
I decided to make my own modern version of this ancient shamanic tool.

Just received 30cm of good transparent acrylic pipe (12mm diamater x 10mm bore works best for my nostrils) and half of it (15cm) is already my new straw.

Materials needed:
1.Plastic transparent pipe (cheap and easy to find on ebay, I bought it from here )
2.Some kind of fine saw ( a typical victorinox/leatherman pocket knife-tool might be difficult to use, but it worked for me)
3.Some sandpaper - fine (60) and superfine (150) grit should be ok.
4.Good professional grade adhesive (I found something called Cyanoacrylate Adhesive GR016, high viscosity general purpose fast cure superglue)

I prefer to make my own because I dont really buy into the magical mumbojumbo sold on etsy or ebay and I want it transparent so it would be easier to clean and see through.

One can find tutorials online, for example here is a fast DIY one.

Will post some pics these days after I test and modify it properly.

Enjoy!
Everything you do comes back to you! Respect Life, Share Peace, Live NOW!

Comments

• n9inchnailsn9inchnails Moderator
    Couldnt you just use a bendy straw
  • @TobaccyLassy demonstrates the bendy straw 

My knowledge is worthless if not shared and applied . "Joseph McKenna"  
  • GilliatGilliat Member
    edited April 5 PM
    I could also use corncobs or tree leaves instead of toilet paper, but why would I do that? :)) The straws are way too thin for my needs and wobble around, I tried them, hoses&all, making your own customized device beats everything. The kuripe or the tepi were not "invented" 50 years ago, and there are some reasons they serve their purpose so well.
  • HitsuzenHitsuzen Administrator, Moderator
    I made a great device with my thumb and middle finger. Travels with me everywhere I go! Sometimes I forget I'm even carrying it B-)
  • @Gilliat , Not buying into the magical yopo ay? Then perhaps you are on to something! How about having a chamber to drop a pinch into the pipe with the pull of a trigger. Maybe ditch the sacred breath for comressed air. Oh how I dream of a snuff gun.
    I remember when I started to collect smoking pipes how my wife called them snuff pipes for a while. I liked the concept. Something for the whites like you say.
  • GilliatGilliat Member
    Oh, my, the amount of smart people on this forum increases at a very fast pace and they are getting smarter everyday!  So much to learn, so little time....
  • dan11dan11 Member
    Not a contraption I'd fancy using in public or down the pub all the same!
  • n9inchnailsn9inchnails Moderator
    A snuff gun sounds like a neat idea but you definately dont want to be shooting compressed air into your nose or any other part of your body for that matter, its potentially dangerous. The compressed air can force its way into your blood stream and a bubble of air in your blood stream can kill you.
  • GilliatGilliat Member
    edited April 6 PM
    Meanwhile, or until the ultramagicsciencefiction snuffshotgun is ready, the time tested design of the humble plastic kuripe is working as intended.

image1
    image2
    image3
    image4
    image5
  • JuxtaposerJuxtaposer Member
    edited April 6 PM
    Classic and classy!
    @n9inchnails I'm thinking even 1ppi might be enough.
  • Always wanted to try this automatic snuff box image 
    My knowledge is worthless if not shared and applied . "Joseph McKenna"  
  • HitsuzenHitsuzen Administrator, Moderator
    @basement_shaman Where'd you find that?
    @Gilliat I apologise if I sounded like I was knocking it. I was just trying to be funny.
  • I found a kuripe that I made years ago. It's just a small plastic tube that was bent with heat. I think it was an old pen. As I was crying from one eye with tears of D white I realized a gentler blow would be a better option. Getting a correctly sized load is a problem I'll need to solve. It didn't help having the white come from a tap box.
  • GilliatGilliat Member
    @Hitsuzen Haha, man, I wasnt pointing anyone in particular, a bit of taunting never killed nobody, and keeps our sense of humour sharp, innit? Event the fact that people usually stray away from the thread subject is funny. Certainly snuff taking helps reminding us not to take anything too seriously.
  • nicmizernicmizer Member
    edited April 9 PM
    @Gilliant Egg Zak Lee always said, anything that helps snuff enjoyment is something to mention.