Get 50% off selected FUBAR snuffs. Finest Quality Indian SnuffsToque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Get 50% off selected 6 Photo snuffs.

Cleansing the "Nasal palate"

today I want to dig into a bunch of different snuffs that I have not yet opened, but I have been also snuffing a lot during the day today. What is a good way to "cleanse the palate" so I can get a fresh and unbiased experince of a new snuff ? 

Comments

• CobguyCobguy Member
    A Neti pot or similar works great and lubricates your passages.
  • AamonAamon Member
    Coffee beans is used for in  the perfume industry t
  • @Aamon, do you mean to "snuff" coffee ?
  • AamonAamon Member
    sorry my post was cut off for some strange reason. A Neti Pot would be the best option for snuff. Though perfumers smell coffee beans in between scents to clense the nose. I'm sure the same process could be used while blending snuff though probably not while they are already in the nose.
  • The 'coffee bean method' seems to work best (at least for me).  I just get a small jar or bottle (I use one of the little four ounce Ball jars) and fill it about 1/3 of way with ground coffee beans. Blow your nose, shake up the jar, open it, and take a deeeeeeeeep whiff.  After that, you should be good to go!  After a while, when the ground coffee smells a little weak, just replace it with fresher ground coffee.  As a bonus, if you're cheap like me, you can make coffee with the old stuff!  
  • just take a deep whiff of some coffee snuff  ~O)
  • I would have to second or third that neti pot solution, or just some water, salt, and baking soda if you don't have packets for the neti pot laying around.
  • My question wasn't about cleaning the nose, as to preparing it for a new snuff. The coffee sounds like a good idea, but it's not going to clear out snuff that is already in the nose, so that might change the smell of a new snuff... 
  • The simple answer from my perspective, is that I don't cleanse the palette. In order to do so would involve cleansing the nose. This I something I don't do, other than blowing the nose and drinking plenty of fluids. Work with nature, don't fight it.

How on earth do you expect to just neutralise the scent of the pinches of snuff that already lurking in there, without actually clearing it out. If you put garlic in the fridge, the fridge will smell of garlic, until some time after you clear it out.

I try to either use a plain snuff for follow up pinches, so that scent still present from earlier pinches doesn't clash, or I try to use complimentary scents so it doesn't matter if scents overlap (what is actually complimentary for you will vary according to your own tastes).

If you insist on using a non-complimentary variety of snuffs throughout a given day, either be prepared to fully cleanse the sinuses with a neti pot or something, gradually increase the scent potency to increase the chances of a previous snuff being overpowered, or live with the fact that flavours are going to merge and potentially clash.
  • I mainly use indian whites or plain tobacco ones for one fourth of the day and fragrances all other times. I use a lot of fragrances each day and some of them clash. I just use plain tobacco onL0es when I think I've had too much menthol up my nose. I enjoy it nonetheless. You could use plain tobacco snuffs to clear out the fragrances.
  • Snuffy Weiss 
    My knowledge is worthless if not shared and applied . "Joseph McKenna"