Get 50% off selected FUBAR snuffs. Finest Quality Indian SnuffsToque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Get 50% off selected 6 Photo snuffs.

What is this Thai "chewing tobacco"?

IcepickIcepick Member
edited July 30 in Other Forms of Tobacco
I found this at an Asian supermarket, it seems kind of moist but more like a shag pipe tobacco. They also had an assortment of betel nut products 8-X .
imageTobacco https://imgur.com/gallery/fkHBj

Comments

• edited August 1 PM
    I thought betel nut was illegal to import to the US. It is commonly chewed with tobacco in places like Thailand, Burma, and PNG. Haven't seen it in the PI, though. From reading Orwell and Kipling, I know it stains your teeth red and gives you one heck of a buzz. More contemporary sources seem to think it's highly carcinogenic.
  • @ArgentOrangeOK

From reading Orwell and Kipling, I know it stains your teeth red and gives you one heck of a buzz.

It's pretty common in the more remote eastern islands of Indonesia, practically everyone chews it. It's a bit of ritual, it's rude not to accept when your host offers it and the guest has to bring a packet along as a gift. I've chewed it often enough, but I usually take a very small amount. You usually mix it with lime or chalk, tobacco, some kind of leaf. It gives you a bit of a buzz, but not that much fun. Sort of stoned but without any pleasurable feeling. 

• It's not Chimo ElToro . This is liquid tar concentrated tobacco. Melts in your mouth. don't swallow the juice unless you have a lead lined stomach. Has a serious nicotine content. Not for you candy sniffing light weights. Only for extreme nicotine fiends! Enjoy kiddies 20170727_173826
    My knowledge is worthless if not shared and applied . "Joseph McKenna"  
  • @ basement_shaman    Where did you buy the Toro
    If It Ain't Broke Don't Fix It!
  • bobbob Member
    the website doesn't seem to work. The website listed on the el toro.Though the northerner seems to carry that brand
  • That El Toro sounds serious!
    "This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no fooling around..."
  • Northerner is out of stock!

If It Ain't Broke Don't Fix It!
  • @TigerJackshere Chimo ElToro should be available soon at Northerner. Venezuela, there is a dictator trying to take control of the country and they are on the verge of collapse. The US has place sanctions stopping oil imports. Trying to restore democracy . But Luis assures me they should be in stock soon. I also suggested some formula changes so you may see some new products of the Chimo ElToro line  I had just altered a tin with powdered Peanut butter & Chocolate . It turned out awesome. Still delivered a strong nicotine hit and was less messy to handle. This mad scientist/Shaman will be conjuring up some other flavoring marvels. If I wasn't terminally ill I would just be making my own line of nicotine delivery systems.   
    My knowledge is worthless if not shared and applied . "Joseph McKenna"