New shipment just arrived-South African snuffs.Finest Quality Indian SnuffsToque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Mr.Snuff-Purveyor of the finest quality snuffs, chew, snus and snuff accessories.

Toque - New range coming - What tin?

2»

Comments

• trotrotrotro Member
    Screw tins ruulz.
  • I love the screw tins. If alternative packaging were an option and it reduced costs or shipping costs, that would be nice, though.
  • bobbob Member
    I've always hated the screw tins. Walk a few hours and the tin gets mangled. And that's even when you make sure it's the only tin in the pocket.
  • matteobmatteob Member
    I think a decent snuffbox wouldn't go a miss. A proper old school pewter one with the logo on it.
  • The Molens plastic snuffboxes(the ones with the lid) would be great!
    But then you should make coarser grind of some snuffs-which is not a bad thing...
    ;)
  • All comments being taken on board. Thanks.
  • I agree about the grind, but definitely not about the tap box! Highly prone to prematurely dry out anything but a already dry snuff.
  •  I like the tins you have already but what if you started putting little mirrors on the bottom of the lids for on the fly nose dust checking?  Just an idea.
  • ar47ar47 Member
    edited April 10 PM
    Seconding @Captainblackboogers I agree profusely on the mirror idea. Worst case scenario I guess we could sand a side down to a mirror finish - start with 400 grit sandpaper and step up 200-400 grit at a time until 2000
  • DxxDxx Member
    Thirding @Captainblackboogers.  I've asked the good lady to keep an eye out for a butch-looking pocket mirror but no luck thus far.
  • volungevolunge Member
    edited April 10 PM
    There's a simple alternative. A (smart)phone with front-facing camera could be easily used instead of the mirror.
    But I really like the idea of mirror tin!
  • Codyg140Codyg140 Member
    Any update on this @roderick?

• ar47ar47 Member
    edited June 2 PM
    After carrying around Toque 10g screw tins all-day everyday for the past couple months I think I would miss em. I was pleasantly surprised too to find one I'd misplaced yesterday and it still have its moisture without being kept in Tupperware (essential for SD)
  • Ya I love the little 10g tins. I use them to carry around a couple days worth of snuff from my bulk.
  • tinhueytinhuey Member
    edited June 5 PM
    +1 on the vacuum tins. I am a huge fan of them.
  • SpamSpam Member
    edited June 8 PM
    I'm excited about this. Come on rapees.
  • SammyD13SammyD13 Member
    @anybody pardon my ignorance, but what exactly is a vacuum tin?
  • volungevolunge Member
    edited June 9 PM
    @SammyD13 It's package type for pipe and snuff tobacco, which ensures longer storage time. Vacuum-sealed tins are also known as coin twist tins. During sealing process vacuum machine removes 60% of the air in the tin (or 40%, I forgot exact percentage). The pressure difference keeps the tin sealed and airtight. To open such tin, you need to break the vacuum seal. It can be easily done by inserting a coin into the groove under the brim of the lid and twisting.

Now only SG and GH use this package type. Few years ago WoS used it for their Sharrow Mentholated snuff.
    J&H Willson stopped using it two or three years ago.

For some unknown reasons only about 1/3 of SG vac-tins reach me vacuum sealed.

And I haven't got a single 6Photo or FUBAR 30 g vacuum sealed tin yet, though they are declared as such.
  • volungevolunge Member
    edited June 9 PM
    Vacuum tins:

vac6

vac2

vac3

vac5
    @volunge thanks very much!
    @Roderick how long does it typically take to develop a new flavor for market? 
    As an aside, my girlfriend is a pastry chef and I've been the beneficiary of many tasty rejects as she bakes and develops new creations. Hint hint 
  • PsickoPsicko Member
    I have no problem with your current twist tins. the are much better for carrying than the vacuum ones. they also keep the snuff from drying out. I vary my snuff a lot, and the tins of the floral ones are still good after a year or more of being open.
  • ar47ar47 Member
    I wouldnt like the vacuum for carrying around and trying to use while driving. My Radford came in vacuum tin
  • volungevolunge Member
    @47, just for statistics - was your Radford vacuum sealed? Mine wasn't. The tin gave in without any struggle..
  • ar47ar47 Member
    @volunge I was able to open it with my hands so perhaps not
  • Vac tins are only good till you open them. To bulky for carry.
    Keep what is tried and true.