Finest Quality Indian Snuffs

Be prepared for an excursion where you do not know when you will be back!Toque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Be prepared for an excursion where you do not know when you will be back!

What snuff did you bin today?

2»

Comments

• Binning a few little 6 photos that don't agree with me, & one or two other snuffs to which I added some.
  • ar47ar47 Member
    Binned a Gletscherprise Gold this morning that looked much worse than @volunge 's old Extra back in April. I ordered it many months ago and had just opened this morning
  • @ar47 knowing how carefully you store your snuffs, that must have already been pretty old when you got it!
  • Im about to toss 1kg of poschl shmaltzlers in the trash because the paper bags they come in are terrible at keeping it fresh. I vacuum sealed every one of them the day they arrived but the 2 I immediately decanted into glass jars were bad enough. They need to offer the whole line in sealed foil packs.
  • I binned a lot of tins not too long ago - Hedges, Toque, many WoS. Sometimes, if a snuff does not agree with you, you have to part with them. These were too old to give away, but in future I will be happy to donate to any takers. 

These days, I only buy a tin to try something new out. The things I know I like, I buy in bulk. It's really so much better.
  • Everything I buy,after one week or two goes straight to glass jars.Even the dry ones.
    I have learned my lesson....
  • ar47ar47 Member
    @barredbenny makes sense from your perspective, but for what it's worth some day the snuffs may become discontinued and then even dried out, years-old examples become gold to the new enthusiasts who never got to try them in the snuff's prime. Speaking from experience as someone lucky enough to be on the receiving end of that equation a few times now
  • @ar47 Yes I suppose you are right about that. I shall hold on to them for posterity from now on!
  • @Afterglow, have you tried refreshing them? If they are just dried out and there's no mould, worth mixing some with fresh Bernard Kownoer or SG KB (both are really moist, when fresh). Fresh Neftobak should do the trick, too, and I would even try blending it with NTSU black. You can boost and moisturize any Poschl schmalzler that way, without altering the original aroma much.

Or you could use coarse, dark, smoky and medium moist WoS Singleton's Super Cool for that purpose, if you don't mind light menthol and a hint of smokiness. I enjoyed it with Perlesreuter.

Poschl Glestscherprise Gold is another super moist snuff, decent for rehydration. Tried it with some stale (bone dry) Extra Crumbs of Comfort and witnessed the resurrection.