Buy <a href=Finest Quality Indian SnuffsToque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Buy $30.00 and get 50% off shipping. Buy $50.00 and get FREE shipping.

Toque Vietnamese, Thuoc Lau, Coarse Rustica - Limited to 50g bags

Comments

• Ordered!  cant wait!
  • Grabbed myself a bag of this along with some more ambrosia and a tin of W&H usa to finally try.

Thanks again roderick!
  • ar47ar47 Member
    This is WAY too course to snuff. It's more fit for roll your own, even a bit course for that. Did I order the wrong thing?

Picture to follow tonight
  • ar47ar47 Member

20180503_192433
  • SammyD13SammyD13 Member
    @ar47 I would hit that with a coffee grinder and a powdered sugar sifter
  • ar47ar47 Member
    @SammyD13 if you do the work you can keep half :D
  • I can see why the course Rustica can cause dizziness, that would be one hell of a sniff. Jk. @Roderick when will you have the finer Rustica back in stock? I want to make an order and was wondering where the USA Whiskey & Honey economy bags are? I really don't want to get a bunch of 10 gram tins but I will do what I got to do to get some more USA W&H in my life.
  • The grind I think is just what we have asked (a coarse one).You can smoke it in a pipe or roll your own or grind it and sniff it.The smell is much like the regular fine Toque rustica I think.
    I have put a little amount with some Samuel Gawith St James flake and a pinch of straight perique and left it for a few days to combine well...the problem is I can t decide...to smoke it in my pipe or to grind and snuff?
    The question Roderick is,can we store it like regular pipe tobacco or it s gonna get mouldy?

• ZanaspusZanaspus Member
    Still awaiting mine. If that is the grind, I'm quite sorry I ordered that "snuff."
  • volungevolunge Member
    edited May 4 PM

• volungevolunge Member
    Glad I haven't ordered that. Still not in the mood of making my own snuff.

Here's the proper device for smoking thuoc lao in traditional manner:

thuoc lao pipe
  • RoderickRoderick Member
    Yes, this batch is very coarse. We didn't grind it, it came to us like that from Vietnam. It has been ground for smoking in a pipe. 

When we looked at it we found feathers! And presumed these came from chickens or other birds kept in the same farm stores as the bales. It was decided to sell it in small quantities as very Rustic Rustica. That way anyone wanting to grind it further for Snus or mixing could and if we missed anything they would have a good chance of spotting it.
    edited May 4 PM
    Tobaccobob, I would use it as quickly as I could. These Vietnamese farmers won't have access to pesticides or preservatives, let alone salt.

Just take care not to over do it!
  • volungevolunge Member
    Now that makes sense.
  • JackGraveJackGrave Member
    Out of pure curiosity, what so appealing on those Vietnamese Nicotiana rustica? I have tryed few times such tobacco and I have found it subpar quality. Harsh, horrid stench (it smells like dead rat), poor burning quality just F grade tobacco. it was imported few years ago directly from Vietnam sold as RYO/Pipe tobacco and later as industrial tobacco for smoking greenhouses. Jack
  • ar47ar47 Member
    @Roderick when you say you found feathers ... should I cook this stuff before considering going nasal?

I appreciate you bringing the product to market but I'm here not to Smoke, but to Snuff Toque ya know? ;)
    Boil the chicken, grind the rest. LOL!
  • @Volunge what's that device called?
  • volungevolunge Member
    @Stoke_About_Toque A dieu cay - farmer's pipe (aka Vietnamese bamboo pipe, tube pipe). Actually it's a water pipe (water bong). Try this for more info: http://www.vietnam-tour.biz/vietnamese-custom-smoking-thuoc-lao/
  • Codyg140Codyg140 Member
    Well that wasnt really what I was expecting when I ordered it, don't smoke anymore and don't have the desire to go buy a coffee grinder to try it. Perhaps it will end up on the trade page :-(
  • peacockpeacock Member
    a coffee grinder might be a bit much. i plan on grinding small amounts at a time in my mortar
  • ar47ar47 Member
    Do we have to add salt n soda etc? Same as @Codyg140 I was thinking this was (course) snuff
  • SammyD13SammyD13 Member
    @ar47 the soda facilitates nicotine absorption which might be suicidal with this tobacco . Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the salt is for seasoning to taste.
    edited May 5 PM
    I would just grind it in a pestle and mortar if your going to snuff it. Don't try boosting it as it is already very, very strong.

Frustratingly we may have to do the same as our regular supplier of Rustica is having problems exporting from Pakistan. This means we've only a very small amount of WandHUSA left.
  • volungevolunge Member
    @SammyD13 Neffa Ifrikia and Neffa Green snuffs are made of alkalized rustica. Good lift there, though nothing extraordinary nic-wise.

I would try it pure first, surely. But I would definitely try raising pH to 7.5-8.5 for ultimate experience. If alkalized is too strong or acrid, I would cut it with any regular snuff.
  • Codyg140Codyg140 Member
    That is sad news @Roderick . looks like i may have to invest in a mortal and pestle after all.
  • ConkConk Member
    Mine arrived the other day. I was expecting a coarse grind in relation to snuff, not a bag of tobacco, but never mind, I've beaten it into a more nose-friendly state and plan to flavour small batches of it, using the wealth of advice and knowledge on this forum. 
  • n9inchnailsn9inchnails Moderator
    Glad I didn't rush to order this one, thought it would be already ground. I'll just grind up the whole leaf I got when I want some more Thuac Lau, the stuff I ground up is long gone.
  • peacockpeacock Member
    looking at the grind and the picture of the pipe that is traditionally used, i think it might smoke well in a glass tobacco pipe. you can get a small water pipe with a tiny bowl (ask for a bubbler) and it might work just as well as the bamboo pipe 
  • nicmizernicmizer Member
    Stuff looks like it's been processed though a tree branch chipped, roots and all.