The eXitar tobacco vaporizer is a great alternative to smoking. Check it out.Finest Quality Indian SnuffsToque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Mr.Snuff is moving the warehouse. Please bear with us and thanks for your support.

Toque Vietnamese, Thuoc Lau, Coarse Rustica - Limited to 50g bags

13»

Comments

• ConkConk Member
    It was hard work with a mortar and pestle. I'd suggest a coffee or herb grinder. Or perhaps, save time and purchase some snuff. 
  • RoderickRoderick Member
    edited May 6 PM
    I'm sorry guys, I don't think my "Not only is it very strong, it is as organic as we can get without the western organic stamps to say the fields have been checked for pesticides. It is Vietnamese and not only is it Rustica by name it is 'Rustic' by nature" was clear enough. When I said it was rustic I meant it.

I have a large heavy Pestle and Mortar in our lab, which worked fine. However, a small kitchen one is hard work, I just tried it at home. I had to pick the largest twigs out and cut them up with butchers scissors.

Like all our snuffs we offer a 100 percent guarantee of satisfaction. Anyone wishing to send back will receive a full refund, with my apologies. I just wanted to offer you guys something quite rare and hard to find.
  • ar47ar47 Member
    I'd send it back @Roderick but my time is worth more than the product (+shipping). Just make it clear for everyone else that this is Not snuff.
  • Codyg140Codyg140 Member
    Im in the boat as ar47.

That being said I do plan on buying a grinder(burr or blade?) and one day I will grind it up and enjoy it.

• No,I won't send it back.Smoking it with some VaPer was a good experience....and then I think it's more easy to scent it(with tonka for example) when it's so coarse and then grind and sieve,than the finer version!
    Thanks again Roderick and for your excellent customer service!
  • volungevolunge Member
    Water-soaked tonka bean does wonders!
    https://sharrowmills.com/category/tonquin-beans-tonga-tonka (UK only)
    One bean is enough for scenting 25 g of snuff.
  • peacockpeacock Member
    got mine today! i need to invest in a larger mortar but in my tiny one, it only took a few minutes to grind it down to a berwick brown style grind. 
    its good. a more soft and earthy rustica than the normal one. you can almost smell the soil.
    i mixed some with prince albert for a pipe later
  • ar47ar47 Member
    Do we need to/should pasteurize it first?
  • SammyD13SammyD13 Member
    @ar47 you could toast it in the oven after grinding it. It could then be rehydrated indirectly although it should retain some moisture due to the higher oil content rustica has.
  • volungevolunge Member
    edited May 11 PM
    Just a small tip: toasting before grinding could make grinding much easier. I used to do that with cigarette and pipe tobacco.
  • it comes very dry as is so grinds well and gives me enough nic to not want to smoke nice barnyard feathery chocolate smell
  • volungevolunge Member
    edited May 11 PM
    @ar47 you could mist/spray it with vodka or 96 proof alcohol.
  • fredhfredh Member
    Just put my Thuoc Lau through a coffee grinder and then sifted it to get rid of the stems. 

Great stuff.

Thank you again Roderick!
  • ar47ar47 Member
    @volunge thanks for the recommendation

My question centers around @Roderick 's quip that the tobacco had chicken feathers in it. Is this safe/sanitary to grind & snuff without cooking it first to make sure it's safe & sanitary?
  • peacockpeacock Member
    i think i prefer smoking it
  • jmahesjmahes Member
    @Roderick thanks for the add of this Snuff! Just ordered and pleased to see the activity!
  • ar47ar47 Member
    @jmahes just to be clear, this is loose tobacco not snuff. Not that there's anything wrong with that, just setting expectations.

I'm waiting to hear back if I should put this in a Mason jar first and steam it or something, or if it's sanitary to grind and snuff. Please respond @Roderick
  • nicmizernicmizer Member
    @ar47 Think you would be fine by just baking it at 130F for an hour. Grind, shift and enjoy.
  • RoderickRoderick Member
    Ar47, Sorry I thought you were being sarcastic about my comment. My British sense of humour. 

Tobacco is natures insecticide and as a neurotoxin would kill most bugs. 

I admit this batch has literally come from a farmers store house and DID have a couple of white feathers in it. We of course picked through it but as this was very unusual and didn't go through our normal laboratory process I wanted to make folks aware of just how organic and rustic this was. For all those belt and braces (suspenders) guys toasting will give you full peace of mind.
  • jmahesjmahes Member
    @ar47, yes that is cool. thanks for that info. Kinda neat anyways as we can finish it up as we like.
  • man that is harsh when smoked i tried snuffing it but it gave me a sinus infection a really bad one. its like smoking napalm nice chocolaty scent though i would  disinfect it first somehow
  • peacockpeacock Member
    ive got a little tester sized pipe thats perfect for it because it sure doesn't take much! some puffs off that in the morning or after a meal is great. i like it as a mental stimulant because its so strong and it really does calm a full stomach. cigar smokers might like it. it is as full tasting as a stout cigar.
  • Well now I
  • volungevolunge Member
    @jeffecrycraft1 For full combusted rustica experience try exhaling smoke through your nose, bypassing inhalation to lungs. Now that will be really harsh!

• Codyg140Codyg140 Member
    Mine arrived today, had a smell and seems pleasant to my nose.

Now to figure out what to do with it......
  • jmahesjmahes Member
    Nice tobacco!! Pestled a bit and sniffed. Very good raw. Think I
  • jmahesjmahes Member
    Will try and case it with some things and toast it up
  • edited May 30 PM
    here is my review for this
  • volungevolunge Member
    @jeffecrycraft That is the way to go. Alkalization!