Buy <a href=Finest Quality Indian SnuffsToque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Buy $30.00 and get 50% off shipping. Buy $50.00 and get FREE shipping.

Amending Scotch Snuffs

While I wait for my whole leaf order I decided to play with all of my oils, powders, and extracts with Scotch snuffs I have an abundance of in my small stash. Scotches are too fine in my opinion but they take to flavoring well.

Banana pudding turned out incredible. This was the most complex as far as making the extracts. Found out rum with a little grain was best used for extraction.

Pine-Peppermint-Menthol is great but will knock you on your ass, as it is made with Bruton. My wife loves this one.

Cinnamon is the least successful but I am still figuring this one out.

If anyone wants to try these concoctions, let me know via pm. Will be happy to share.

**I am not sure if this is the right forum, so please delete if I have made a mistake.

Comments

• ar47ar47 Member
    Tell us more about how to make this banana pudding!
  • Sure. I tied a sliced/diced ripe banana into some doubled cheesecloth. I added a small amount of cardamom, a small piece of crushed nutmeg, some rock turbinado sugar, and some orange rind. In a small pot, I heated up some Pompeo rum and added about 10% by volume grain alcohol. I did not heat to boiling and after placing the banana mix above into the solution, I turned the heat off. I let it cool and over the course of a day, I reheated it 5 times. I removed the cheesecloth, filtered it into a new pot and added about 1/2 tsp of vanilla and 1/8th cup fresh rum. I let it cool completely and strained once more before storing in a ball jar.
  • I used drops of the above extract and banana oil I purchased online. I added drops of each in a ratio of 2:1. I am going to increase the amount next time and I want to add a burnt but not smokey component... Like a burnt marshmallow. May save this experiment for my own tobacco flour.
  • Also, I cannot decide what flavors might compliment the banana such as strawberry or coconut. Next experiment too.
  • CobguyCobguy Member

Sounds like a good reduction ... thanks for sharing!

• Yep. I ended up with about 1/8 of the starting amount and it was syrupy, hence why I added some more rum in the end step.