Poschl and Bernard snuffs back in stock.Finest Quality Indian SnuffsToque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Mr.Snuff-Purveyor of the finest quality snuffs, chew, snus and snuff accessories.

Snuff for aquaculture in Philippines

Just discovered this article in a vietnamese paper, rather interesting official use of snuff I wish I was a fish in the zone :))

http://khoahoc.tv/philippines-dung-thuoc-la-trong-nuoi-trong-thuy-san-37410

Rough Google translation below:

Philippine officials on Jan. 19 said the country has launched a campaign to promote new cigarettes - not for sucking but for use in aquaculture.

Over the next six months, nearly 400 fish farmers in a coastal province in the northern Philippines will use "tobacco powder" to kill molluscs and other pests.

Cigarettes are dispersed from tobacco leaves and are considered an alternative to toxic chemicals that leave a lasting impact on the environment.

Experiments have shown that nicotine-containing tobacco powders are capable of killing pests that do not affect fish growth due to nicotine dissolves after 2 to 3 days. In addition, it improves the water environment and promotes the growth of algae that feed on fish.

this new approach is expected to change the traditional fish farming practices in the Philippines and is also one of the efforts to find alternative sources of aquaculture, as well as the global non-smoking campaign. tobacco of the Philippine Government.

Comments

• ar47ar47 Member
    Very interesting. Also some fun translation or grammar errors, such as that the algae feed on the fish vs the other way around :)

One summer I used rustica tea as a pesticide to fight aphids. It worked well to start, maybe I should have been more consistent in application ... in the end I bred super aphids with a tobacco habit