Poschl and Bernard snuffs back in stock.Finest Quality Indian SnuffsToque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Mr.Snuff-Purveyor of the finest quality snuffs, chew, snus and snuff accessories.

6 Photo Krishan Sudama Snuff

volungevolunge Member
edited June 14 in Types of Snuff
A new snuff from Six Photo!
"A Sihor type plain snuff of strong Gujrati tobacco, topped with a dash of menthol. Excellent for sniffing."
It was available at Mr. Snuff for a short period of time some months ago, too.
Launched in the very end of 2017.
krishan_sudama_40g_big
Has anyone tried this already?

Comments

• PikeyPikey Member
    No , but I probably will have by tomorrow :D Thanks for the heads up .

I also managed to get some of the restocked Fire and Ice and Begum Pathani snuff , which I have been lusting over from the UK for a long while :) My only active desire now is the 6 photo MN Madras snuff .
  • PikeyPikey Member
    edited June 16 PM
    So, Krishan Sudama .

For a start , it came supplied in a 50g box as opposed to the 40g pot pictured . Inside the box was a little ziplock baggie filled with the snuff . 

For a scented Indian snuff it is quite subtle . You get a real feel of the tobacco , a bit of menthol and a touch of perfume . The tobacco is lighter than I expected .

I wouldn't say it was easy to snort though , not difficult but challenging enough to have to stop and think about taking it .I would have preferred a coarser mill . I dipped a bit and found the menthol more to the forefront in the mouth . I m not much of a dipper though so I couldn't say much further than flavour . It's too good to clean my teeth with , thats for sure :D .

I m a  fan of sixphoto so I tend to like their work . I ll see how long this pot takes to finish and get back to you all ;) 
  • volungevolunge Member
    edited June 16 PM
    Thanks for reviewing it, @Pikey!

Indeed, as stated on 6 Photo own website, this product is "excellent to use as dentifrice and sniffing alike."
    It is defined as tapkir. According to Global Smokeless Tobacco Product Factsheets (Appendix B), "Tapkeer is a form of dry powdered snuff that may be used for teeth cleaning. [..] Mode of Absorption: oral (teeth cleaning, held in mouth), nasal. [..] In India, tapkeer is frequently prepared by individual users at home by roasting and then powdering the tobacco."

Now I'm quite intrigued by that roasting thing. So, is this snuff smoky/toasty? And is it the same fine grind as LA Natural, or a bit coarser, Medicated No 6.-like?
  • PikeyPikey Member
    Well I m not ready to call it a 'review' just yet :D I  don't feel I truly 'know' a tobacco unless it's by the pound(lb). and over the changing seasons .  

We should ask Vikas @sixphoto for the proper facts . I thought it was a slightly finer mill than LA Natural ....or it might be the same grind presented a bit drier ? :D At first sniff I thought it was a Natural recipe variant , but according to the Snuffstore blurb , apparently not  .Some similar background scenting though., in my nose anyways 

I do get a bit of a Toast vibe out of the tobacco.

• mrmanosmrmanos Member
    I like all 6 photo snuffs, but I have shit ton of their products, next time I order from MS, I will have to get a tin. I can't understand why anyone would brush their teeth with it. It must be a strictly Indian thing.