Tons of specials all the time.Finest Quality Indian SnuffsToque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Odens and Siberia by the roll.

Toque - Fribourg and Treyer

Great news guys! 

As we are now out of the EU we have negotiated with Fribourg and Treyer (Wilsons) to buy all their Fribourg and Treyer original tins and continue to offer Fribourg and Treyer in the original White tins. These are so much better than the EU tins and have great seals. If we can get the recipes for the sorts dropped due to the EU we will.

Go to Toquesnuff.com and click on the tins drop down menu click Fribourg and Treyer and choose the sorts you want.

Comments

• SvHSvH Member
    Wow, that is great news!
  • ar47ar47 Member
    :-O Awesome!
  • peacockpeacock Member
    refresh my memory, is the medium tin is 30g and the large 50g?
  • volungevolunge Member
    edited July 28 PM
    Incredible! A very nice move this. Will place an order for some big tins of Seville and Old Paris.

It would be awesome to face a revival of Samuel Gawith's Crests (Blue, Red and Yellow in their both plain and scented versions). Many would be glad and thankful to see London Brown, McCombie, SP Scotch and some other discontinued SG gems alive again, too. I mean, SG manufactured snuff, distributed by Toque.
  • dan11dan11 Member
    Great news, I just ordered a bunch of my favourite HDT. I LOVE these old style tins. Get them before they're gone folks!
  • tinhueytinhuey Member
    edited July 28 PM
    Is F&T discontinuing the classic tins, or some of the flavors or both?
  • That is great news!!!
  • RoderickRoderick Member
    edited July 28 PM
    Tinhuey,

The corrupt bast.....s in the EU banned the Tins. 

Don't get me on it. I love the people of Europe. However, ask the man in the street, in any EU country, and he will tell you how corrupt the EU is. I pray it breaks up sooner than later. A new European beneficial union will hopefully rise from the ashes.

The EU want to charge snuff companies millions to register their snuffs in Europe. That is why so many EU snuff companies have dropped so many flavours and sizes. In our case it was crazy. We were asked to pay them 2.8 Million GBP's in year one and 1.4 Million GBP's every year thereafter. That is the main reason we left Europe.
  • @Roderick Not only EC is to blame, blame also your past govements for those insane regitstration fees. AFAIK every country have free will how expensive such charges could be. Also blame your colleagues from small tobacco intustry for being inactive with lobbying to save small bussines on market. Jack

P.S: Old style F&T tins were phased out due small space for new nastygrams about how dangerous tobacco is (which is utterly nonsense and blatant lies). J
  • bobbob Member
    @Roderick two questions who is making the snuff you or wilsons? And if you make it can we get bulk?
  • RoderickRoderick Member
    edited July 28 PM
    Bob,

The easy answer is not us. I am buying from Wilsons. Wilsons make it under license from the Treyer family and from what I understand they still have a say to this day. Hence my hesitation to say we will be able to resurrect some of the old flavours. If they say yes and Wilsons are willing to do a deal. I will happily supply them to you.

I am also in talks with other snuff companies about resurrecting some of their sorts that have been dropped or gone by the wayside. I did suggest we could make them but, they hold on to the recipes like alchemists. If anyone knows of any drop me an email.

I will also ask about bulk.
  • Quite true Jack.
  • @roderick Clever move out of the reach of the EU. Good luck to you.
  • ArtChooArtChoo Member
    @Rodrick
    Where have you moved to ?

• Things like this make me feel the future of snuff is safe. Seems like anti-tobacco is the trendy thing now. In any case glad to see that F&T snuffs aren't going to disappear, so I have time to try some :)
  • Roderick,I think Jaap Bes would gladly share his recipies!
    What do you think?

;;)
  • tobaccobob,

That is an excellent idea. I will contact him now.

Artchoo,

The Isle of Man. Fantastic place for business.
  • ArtChooArtChoo Member
    @Roderick          Don't even think of     Manx Kipper Snuff  !

• ;) wasn't ever on the cards
  • tinhueytinhuey Member
  • jholenjholen Member
    Very great news!
  • Bulk too?
  • This is great news. Finally able to find some Old Paris after hunting for weeks. I just placed an order.
  • n.n. Member
    @Roderick
    Please bring back the Kaufbeurer Steigerprise.
  • @Roderick     I just typed your Manx post code into Google Earth.  The little location flag puts you just between some pleasant looking fields and the sea.    Very close to the airport.
    If you try it yourself you will see that your business is   "on the rocks,"   yoiks.

:-S

• BREXIT FOR THE WIN!!!! YES!!!! Now we just need our polish snuffs back :( Paul gotard gooseberry was the best thing I have ever tried!!!
  • Artchoo,
    There is something very odd with google post codes on the IOM. Most addresses end up out at sea. I'm lucky I'm just 'on the rocks'.
  • bobbob Member
    well if the wicker man taught me anything strange things go on in these islands out there. So running a business in an in hospitable place like the rocks doesn't shock me at all.
  • Hope you've got your motorcycle license and learning that joy riding the country is one that's been on my bucket list for years. Always glue to the coverage of the races every year. Would love to vacation there for a week and rent a motorcycle to ride there!
    For those that don't realize, snuff while on two wheels (or three) is truly an enhancing experience. I guess any convertible vehicle could give the similar same effect.
  • jmahesjmahes Member
    @nicmizer, i second that sentiment!