Tons of specials all the time.Finest Quality Indian SnuffsToque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Odens and Siberia by the roll.

Is it bad to leave snuff in your nose for a long time?

I usually only take snuff at night, when I've having a drink and watching a movie at the end of the day.  I also almost exclusively use scotch snuffs, which don't tend to clog the nose.  Because of this, I often forget to blow my nose before going to bed, so the snuff ends up staying in my nose overnight.  Does this have a negative impact, as far as health is concerned?  I remember Uncle Squinty saying something about blowing your nose after ten minutes because the tobacco contains some compound that's not healthy (something that begins with a T; I can't remember what it is).

Comments

• volungevolunge Member
    edited October 29 PM
    TSNAs, tobacco-specific nitrosamines. Squinty's got the point.

I wash my nostrils before bed scrupulously (and a few times through the day, when I feel extensive build-up or clogged).

Now, really, concerning back drip (tobacco alkaloids-satiated mucus and saliva), nasal snuff is oral tobacco product after all with every related harm and threat. Just have a small read about nornicotine dangers.

All health warnings about possible mouth cancer, gum disease and tooth loss seems true and undisputable in this context.

Don't get me wrong, though, I rinse my nose for personal comfort and hygiene first and foremost.
  • I always awaken in the morning blowing big chunks of yesterday's snuff out. Been doing this for 30 years, and I'm not dead yet. YMMV
  • Thanks, guys.  Very helpful.