Finest Quality Indian Snuffs

Buy Two get One FreeToque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Buy Two Get One Free

Plain snuff, medium or coarse ground.

Recently, I met and fell in love with Samuel Gawith's Scotch Black. Slightly more recently, I discovered Sam Gawith can no longer market this snuff because it is described as 'black'. Annoyingly, retailers keep telling me that 'Scotch' and 'Scotch Black' are exactly the same snuffs. Experience, logic and Sam Gawith's own website tell me this is not true.

I cannot ascertain whether or not Sam Gawith intends to produce a 'Scotch Coarse' i n place of 'Scotch Black' So, for the time being at least, can anyone recommend another plain snuff, medium or coarse ground, please? I have been unable to find another one to my taste in Sam Gawith's ranges.

Has anyone else had a 'problem' with Sam Gawith snuffs being tainted with another from his long list. I've had a couple of 500g tubs of Viking Dark that tasted of spearmint and now a 25g tin of Scotch Black with a distinct caf

Comments

• vmank1qvmank1q Member
    Has anyone else had a 'problem' with Sam Gawith snuffs being tainted with another from his long list. I've had a couple of 500g tubs of Viking Dark that tasted of spearmint and now a 25g tin of Scotch Black with a distinct caf

Yep, I had the same problem with the Viking. I emailed My smoking shop and they said that the recipe hasn't changed, but other people have had the same problem too so who knows?

It's still a good snuff but just not the same.

• vmank1qvmank1q Member
    Here's a link to a thread I posted last year