Finest Quality Indian Snuffs

Two new Fine Border snuffs.Toque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Two new Fine Border snuffs.

NEWBIE QUESTIONS

Hi again from Oregon. I have a couple questions that I hope won't seem too idiotic.

First of all, I've ordered a couple bullets from Mr. Snuff. Question: How do you fill them without getting snuff everywhere? Do you all use small funnels and, if so, where do you get them?

Now a storage question. I have seen many threads about proper snuff storage on this forum. Usually, it is suggested that you use some sort of small, airtight jars like Mason or baby food jars. Question: why can't you just place the snuff containers in zip lock bags, squeeze the air out, seal them up, and be done with it? Or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Comments

• volungevolunge Member
    edited August 19 PM
    Hi @SnuffPirate! Yes, you can. Zip locks are good enough for short-term storage of original containers (tap boxes or tins/cans). Jars are for bigger amounts and long-term.

Toasts and white snuffs are hassle-free, simply keep them in original tins/tubs.

Not a bullet user.
  • Moist snuff stored long term in metal containers can cause the containers to rust or react with the metal. Their original containers are rarely artight which can lead to drying and evaporation of scents. A small square of paper folded from corner to corner can make a precise scoop for filling bullets, just do so over the snuff tin and tap the bullet to make sure the snuff has settled and isn't stuck in the threading before closing. Good luck and never be reluctant to ask questions, this is a very friendly forum.
  • Mr_OMr_O Member
    edited August 20 PM
    Doing any refilling, transferring etc. My best friend is a a fresh, clean, sheet of notebook paper to cover the entire work area. I expect to spill some snuff in the process. Also perfect when opening a fresh tin of something filled up to or past the top. Makes it easy to pour any spilled snuff back into the tin.