Finest Quality Indian Snuffs

Two new Fine Border snuffs.Toque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Two new Fine Border snuffs.

Dump

Had to do my first dump today. I had opened a tin of SWS Moro Moro two days ago. Opened it today and it was loaded with fungus, both spidery-web and plain out mold. How often does this happen within a week of opening a can?

Comments

• Furthermore in containers like Samuel Gawith uses - sealed - how do you know?
  • ar47ar47 Member
    edited October 23 PM
    Sorry to hear that you lost your SWS. The moist, artisan-made snuffs like SWS Moro Moro should be refrigerated to keep them from spoiling.

SG is much less of an issue in general, opened or unopened. The SGs, if a moist one, will probably fail due to a corroded tin (which spoila the snuff) before mold. The less moist ones can last many years - I believe my oldest is 7 and it's still great snuff.

The Artisan snuffs like @Johnny's SWS are like a fine sports car. They provide a rich and unique experience but in turn require taking care of. At least, until there's a Japanese snuff :D
  • SammyD13SammyD13 Member
    edited October 23 PM
    Moist snuffs that are not vacuum sealed and have some sugar content are the most susceptible.