Finest Quality Indian Snuffs

Two new Fine Border snuffs.Toque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Two new Fine Border snuffs.

Old snuff

I have recently returned to snuff after being away for a few years. I was concerned about my snuff collection being somehow stale or something. It has been stored in mason jars away from light and at around 70 degrees.
So far I have used Toque Quit and HDT. The Quit was just fine - not stale at all. The HDT tastes a little "toastier" (if that makes sense). Time has not hurt either one.
Any other comments on storing snuff long term, or using older snuff?

Comments

• I have some F&T and WoS that are about 14yrs old. They were reclining unattended in a old biscuit tin in a drawer until recently. All are pretty much OK, some a bit dryer. Although I've found the ones I didn't like originally I still don't like now. Alas my F&T Seville that when snuffed smelt like burning rubber still does. 

Some F&T's have mellowed nicely and its interesting to compare them with the newer versions available now. I have my doubts that the new style tins would have fared as well though. 

• Not a problem, I store mine in the fridge in amber colored jars. I have some from 2014 that is still good. I think that nicotine can deteriorate but I do not know off the top of my head the rate at which it deteriorates or what triggers it.