We are launching a new website. Free shipping for first 500 orders!
Finest Quality Indian Snuffs

Best selection of snuff and snuff related products in the UK.Toque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

We are launching a new website. Free shipping for first 500 orders!

Lets Pass on our Tips for Best Snuff Taking

Over the years it has struck me that Snuff, unlike smoked tobacco, requires much more practice to get right. I have taken snuff for several years but not consistently. I am not blessed with a hooter like a vacuum cleaner, in fact I suffer from a deviated septum, and this has caused lots of problems both with how I take snuff and the types I take. So I will start with the advice I wish to give, it is aimed at the newbie who may have nose problems.

1. If you find that your nose produces excessive moisture and blocks up then change your snuff to a plain non medicated type. WOS plain might just do it. Avoid flavors as they contain chemicals that will cause a reaction and avoid the menthol. 

2. So your nose still feels painful, even when using plain snuff. This tip saved my habit and I pass it on from another who suffers from nose problems. Drink a large glass of water after every pinch and your nose will start to run. It works.

That is it from me. Maybe someone would like to give tips on snuff boxes, types or any other tips. Maybe someone has a question that we can answer?

Cheers,

Ffing

Comments

• volungevolunge Member
    Definitely worth trying all kinds of grind and snuffs with different moisture content.
  • Shep13Shep13 Member
    As a long time dipper I have to remember not to pack my pinches. I find keeping the snuff as loose as possible between my fingers helps tremendously
  • n9inchnailsn9inchnails Moderator
    edited May 15 PM
    The most important thing to remember is that pinches MUST be taken with an erect pinky finger or you'll look like some uncouth pleb! :P
  • HugoDraxHugoDrax Member
    I find it works best in the nose.
  • ALLexALLex Member
    lets suggest some types of snuff for each season of the year.
    for example i prefer dark coarse moist snuffs like viking, ntsu or rappee in the winter.