World's Largest Collection of Snuff Online
Finest Quality Indian Snuffs

Best selection of snuff and snuff related products in the UK.Toque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Coming soon...

Antioxydant properties of tobacco leaves

edited April 9 in General
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6268702/
I have heard a French expert that said people who smoke tobacco have a lower risk to get covid-19. I was wondering if it was the same for people who snuff.it seems that tobacco leaves have a powerful antioxidant effect. do you think that we should increase our tobacco snuff consumption during the crisis ? Do you think we get antioxydant as they say in the article ?

Comments

• however expert said if you re unlucky and if you smoke and you get covid 19 you have a lot of chances to get Severe form of the virus.
  • volungevolunge Member
    edited April 9 PM
    My first thought upon reading Belgian news on the terrific damage this virus makes to young non-smokers lungs, was to make urgent switch-back to smokes. However, it didn't take too long for me to come to my sober senses, realising that I'm.. not young anymore. And soon other news followed - that what you mention in your second post.

Not sure about antioxydants and their antiviral efficacy in tobacco smoke. Smoke contains free radicals, which negatively affects immune response and are known to aggravate virus infections, such as influenza virus caused pneumonia. Will have a read later.

P. S. Skimmed the article, no mentions of smoke/smoking. It's all about flavonoids.

One great source of flavonoids is tea. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3831543/
  • Thanks but when we snuff maybe we get flavonoids of the tobacco leaves without the harmfulness of the smoke ?
  • JohanoJohano Member
    I read the exact opposite about COVID. Bear in mind that a lot of articles online are sponsored by big tobacco companies. They have more than enough money for that...
  • ALLexALLex Member