World's Largest Collection of Snuff Online
Finest Quality Indian Snuffs

Best selection of snuff and snuff related products in the UK.Toque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Coming soon...

China-made Molens de Ster en de Lelie snuffs

volungevolunge Member
edited April 15 in General
Apparently, China-based ROCOCO company has resurrected some Molens de Kralingse snuffs.

As stated on ROCOCO website,

"ROCOCO was founded in 2008, with a relatively wide product line, including some snuff and snus of Chinese characteristics. De Ster En De Lelie is a snuff made in China according to the Dutch formula. Mr. Jaap Bes, Chairman of STICHINTING DE KRALINGSE SNUFF EN SPECERJEN COMPAGNE, gave
us snuff formula on December 5, 2016 and allowed us to register the
relevant designs and texts as Chinese trademark. Therefore, we can
produce snuff in China according to the formula we have received.
Absolutely, it is hereby declared that the production, sales and
after-sales service of De Ster En De Lelie snuff do not concern STICHINTING DE KRALINGSE SNUFF EN SPECERJEN COMPAGNE.
"

So far ROCOCO produces 8 MdK snuffs:
  • Tabac de Paris a la Robillard
  • Choco creme
  • Mokka creme
  • Pompadour
  • Bon Bon
  • Prins Regent
  • Son de Tonca No.1
  • Latakia A/P
Snuff is sold packed in red plastic boxes, 10 g net weight. Price - 4.68 USD.

Chinese MdK

https://www.snuffshop.cn/art/how-to-buy-snuff-amp-snus-a0043.html?fbclid=IwAR3rCWlPDiiEJnFXRT_E1s48RpM8fTlZLYL7HOS-B_RP-kE42OUgiat-uX8

Curious to know, how these compare to genuine Dutch ones.

Comments

• Correct.
  • FilekFilek Member
    Can't really tell. Is that awesome news or not?
  • It's both, Filek. If these snuffs were flawlessly made using similar facilities and following Jaap's recipes, technically they should be as fine as original ones. However, unless Chinese manufacturer uses Kralingse windmills-milled tobacco flour, the great part of charm is lost (at least for me). Kralingse stomped grind was unique. Besides, I'm afraid these "new" snuffs could be lacking major "ingredient" - devotion to craft.

I would order some just for comparison, if they were available at snuffstore.co.uk/mrsnuff.com. Rococo shipping is a no-go for me (it's 60 USD to PL, I suppose same rates applies to the Baltics).
  • Precisely. The flour suited me down to the ground. Stayed where it should delightfully.
  • n9inchnailsn9inchnails Moderator
    Also those appear to be the exact same plastic snuffboxes that Mr.Snuff used to sell with the Snuffhouse logo on them. The highly sought after "Mr.Snuff" snuffbox.