We are launching a new website. Free shipping for first 500 orders!
Finest Quality Indian Snuffs

Best selection of snuff and snuff related products in the UK.Toque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

We are launching a new website. Free shipping for first 500 orders!

What you do outside the snuff world

GormurGormur Member
What do you do outside of snuff?  I'm mostly curious and bored while I wait for a couple of orders :)

For example, I'm a musician.  I play classical violin and I taught myself piano from a young age to be able to write music, which I still do occasionally; professionally too

I also grow Venus flytraps, but only since December so not long but I think I'm pretty good at it

- Lance

Comments

• JohanoJohano Member
    edited April 20 PM
    I am a bedroom dj and music producer, dnb/techno genre. Semi-profesional, mostly just for fun.

Took a pinch of W&H and suddenly realised I wrote too little on this topic. Actually I have multiple small hobbies. From time to time I am writing a blog about various medicinal plants, collecting sci-fi and horror comic books  (e.g. The Walking Dead). Also, I was training calisthenics until the pandemic showed up, now the parks are closed so I can't work out. Anyway, can't say I am bored during this whole quarantine thing..
  • Criminal defense attorney. Rumpole.
  • I work with adults with developmental disabilities. That pays the bills and gets me health insurance. For fun, and sometimes money, I hand build acoustic guitars and some furniture. I like to cook and garden and read. I also do some handy man work for extra cash.

@gormur I have to know more about these Venus fly traps!
  • I'm an outside machinist for a private owned commercial shipyard. If its broken, I can fix it.

Outside work I'm currently overwhelmed with repairing the house we bought and taking care of my 3 boys. I love cooking, fishing, hunting, and anything I can do to stay clean and sober (had big problems when I was younger). This virus and the response thereof is seriously cramping my style.
  • GormurGormur Member
    @boiledonions It's slow going, but it's fun for me.  I just have a couple outside in a special pot and soil; hoping they make it to Summer.  It's very tough to grow because you have to sort of figure out when to water them, and of course distilled water only =)
  • CobguyCobguy Member

I've been a Medical Laboratory Scientist for 25 years now.

Outside of work, I like to rock-hound for Fire Agate and hike with the dogs.

Most of the time, though, I'm smoking a pipe / cigar or working around the property.

• ar47ar47 Member
    When I'm not with my wife and kids or consulting I'm out shooting
  • DocHollidayDocHolliday Member
    edited April 25 PM
    Well.... I am retired but really enjoy reading a lot! My other activities center around Cartography and amateur photography. I have a little Nikon Coolpix, an older Nikon SLR and a Cannon EOS 60 D with regular and Telephoto Lenses. But my favorite camera is my new Leica! Just waiting for some warm weather to really put it through its paces.
    Cheers,
    Doc Holliday

• ar47ar47 Member
    @DocHolliday Cartography fascinates me! I grew up loving to hike with a compass and a map. Do you make maps? Of the land around your home, from sailing trips, etc?
  • Ben_MacMBen_MacM Member
    After 20 years of not for profit leadership in the world of poverty, food insecurity, and addictions I took a new direction in teaching English to newcomers to Canada. I enjoy cooking ethnic foods, listening to the Blues, watching movies, and collecting NHL (Boston Bruins) memorabilia. I dabble in freestyle poetry and Zentangle. This is a free form style of art using fine tip markers and odd geometric forms.
  • @ben_Macm I just looked up Zentangle. Looks like the meticulous type of hobby I could get into!

We have a pretty interesting list of professions and hobbies going here.

If I can figure out how to post pictures, I will post some of the guitars I build and other woodworking projects.
  • ChapmanChapman Member
    I am a cleaner in the food industry, power washing equipment and what not. Outside of a pay check, I am a family man, and enjoy making custom wooden sling shots as well as forging knives, mostly fixed blade, with the odd friction folder here and there.
  • I am a lawyer and was in several corporate jobs for 15 years and decided 9 months back that I want to quit it and go private. Hasn't been pretty so far (since I am in non litigation, a specialty in which private practitioners find it hard to survive) but I intend to stick with trying to be independent.  
  • ShavasanaShavasana Member
    I work at a child care facility for kids aged 5-12, it's similar to teaching but more recreation focused, so it's a lot of fun. In my free time, I play in punk and metal bands (bass guitar)
    Greetings @boiledonions ... Zentangle is a great creative artsy outlet. I have zero artistic talent, but the creations that come about from Zentangle are quite fulfilling. I take it everywhere with me. All you need is a few markers and a few pieces of 3 x 5 card stock. You can then put multiple cards together to make larger framed pieces or laminate each card for a set of pretty cool coasters......I would love to see your guitars and woodworking talents. 
    @Chapman ... I have always wanted a handmade, hand-forged knife. I like a smaller one with a blade that is 4-5 inches in length. I would love to see the ones you make. Do you ever sell your creations?
  • DeezDeez Member
    I'm a therapist that provides behavioral health services to the homeless.  Outside of that I enjoy power lifting, reading, hiking, try to learn Urdu, and long walks on the beach.
  • HumppaHumppa Member
    I work in an ordinary office enviroment. It is ok per se. I really like it.

In my spare I use to go out in the woods - we own some hectar. So I use to process the firewood. We use to heaten with a big stove during winter times. So every winter there are several cubic metres of firewood going through the chimney. No fitness studio needed on my side... LOL.

And I use to collect traditional pocket knives.
  •  I wash dishes for my livelihood.  Working on carving out a nice life for myself and my lady once she finishes nursing school and comes to America to be with me (she's Colombian.) 

I am using Kratom and/or Kava to quit my long daily habit of drinking, and it's working.  I love mind altering drugs of all kinds, legal and illegal. I'm interested in Thelema and magick, learning spanish, reading about 
    hollow earth/ aliens/ time travel/ other dimensions and such. I am addicted to coffee. I'm a night owl who 
    stays up too late taking copious amounts of snuff and watching old tv shows (current favorite is My Favorite Alien). I am an energetic person who can't sleep if i don't get to take a long walk everyday.