World's Largest Collection of Snuff Online
Finest Quality Indian Snuffs

Best selection of snuff and snuff related products in the UK.Toque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Coming soon...

Has any snuffer had coronavirus

Has any snuffer on here tested positive for coronavirus? I am trying to get a picture to see if snuffers are at a statistically reduced risk.

Comments

• volungevolunge Member
    edited April 30 PM
    Unconfirmed/not tested. There are quite a few CoVs, actually. They cause acute, mild upper respiratory infection (aka common cold, which - as most of us know - can knock a man down, too). Most common CoV strains are 229E and OC43. How common? About one in five colds is due to CoVs. Curious fact - as you may already know, less elaborate antibody tests are not selective enough and don't distinguish one strain from another.

At my rough estimation, so far my "common cold" cases total at 70 (at least). So, there's pretty lifey probability I've had a bunch of them, CoVs, and I've been on good terms with tobacco for my last 25 years.
  • Volunge, your a genius.  I hate to say it but you sound like Dr Barb, my wife and life partner.  

Can I drill down to this particular virus.  I am getting quite a lot of feed back from other forums that are backing up my theory that snuff may have a slight protective nature.  I just want to see if anyone here has had it, please let me know if you suspect you have had it or had it medically confirmed.

Volunge, anything you can add?
  • All the Snuffers could have it and be assymptomatic also, which would be much more significant in illustrating a protective effect.
  • RoderickRoderick Member
    Yes, I suspect that it might possibly result in reduced symptoms, if at all.
  • Betty_BWBetty_BW Member
    I wonder if a nasal swab liberally coated with snuff would be testable. 
  • mrmanosmrmanos Member
    Perhaps snuff makes the nasal passages inhospitable to the coronavirus. I've noticed that I rarely get colds or flu over the years I have taken snuff. Coincidence? I don't know. I'm still wearing a mask when I go into the stores here. But I don't wear it when I'm outside.
  • volungevolunge Member
    Extra fine snuffs with slaked lime or those cruder ones, reeking with ammonia, would fall among first to test, if I were to conduct a study.
  • Ive always been the last person in the house to get sick, if at all. Given I just started snuffing in February, although ive been a heavy nicotine user for nearly 15yrs. As far as I remember ive rarely been sick over that time.
  • JohanoJohano Member
    Snuff kept in nose surely provides extra filter beyond mask
  • Well as of yesterday one of my coworkers has a positive test, im going for 1 tomorrow as weve been working on top of each other for 5 months now. I dont have symptoms, he didnt have any last I knew either but his wife felt sick last week and tested positive.
    Best of luck Snuffalufagis.
  • So interesting topic
    I have been snuffing since 2 years about 20g every 2 weeks
    Considering I have problems with my nose because I have very often my nostrils closed never had a cold these years

Plus my parents had covid in April and I lived with them during the quarantine and done the test and I never had covid
    I have always suspected snuff helped me through this

By the way it is possibile to get covid by stroking eyes with infected hands that is something to consider too
  • GormurGormur Member
    They say it's similar to the cold, which I've never had.  I haven't had a virus since I was 7 and that was bronchitis which almost killed me before I got medicine; the doctors mistook it for the flu and I'd to wait a few weeks to see if it really was bronchitis or not; I guess it's rare

I knew it was and they didn't ;)
  • Test is Negative
    Great to hear Snuffalufagis.
  • Just saw your survey in my email lol
    edited May 27 PM
    We've put it out to 5,000 customers and will give it a week before we post results.
  • It was in my spam folder, i just happened to see it by accident
  • bobbob Member
    edited May 30 PM
    yes I got it like right away. And snuff actually helped me breath. Oh and at first I was like why is the worst flu not getting better. It was right when people where like it might get to America. The whole time I felt on the verge of getting pneumonia or serious bronchitis. Snuff really did help though with the shortness of breath and with getting phlegm out. And there was a lot of phlegm to get out. Like enough phlegm to think oh I see how this kills people. Oh I haven't been tested yet, however it seems better at this point to safe the test for people that might need them. And yeah I am certain it was Covid and not a flu. It was similar but also very different too. The shortness of breath was insane and my throat was so sore I thought something was really wrong like cancer or some permanent damage. Also how quickly it went from that little hint of being sick to struck down and how long it took to clear. Also the fact it felt more like when I've had serious issues like pneumonia or bronchitis and how hard it was to breath. I couldn't even smoke a pipe even without inhaling.
  • volungevolunge Member
    Welcome back, @bob! Hope you're well now.
    Thank for posting Bob, I hope you are okay.  I've missed you on here.
  • VayaVaya Member
    I was diagnosed with COVID-19 on March 20th, 2020. Compared with what I see on the news, my symptom severity was middle-of-the road. I had just returned from a spring break vacation in Key Largo in South Florida, so it
  • bobbob Member
    oh fine now. Except a little stir crazy from not being able to go to work for such a long time. Otherwise totally healthy at the moment. 
  • Any responses to the survey?
  • Yes, but to be honest I don't know what it is telling us.  4059 respondents, 226 diagnosed, no deaths.  I'm waiting for an analytical report.
  • JohanoJohano Member
    edited June 12 PM
    @Roderick Thats not bad stats. But Im pretty sure being dead is making it a bit harder to complete the survey  :-\"
    edited June 12 PM
    LoL!, That's what I thought. 
  • SnuffalufagisSnuffalufagis Member
    edited June 12 PM
    80% response with a 5% infection rate among responses. If you were to consider even a 1% death rate in infected individuals thats only 2 infections unaccounted for. I had direct contact with an infected individual and tested negative, although i never responded to the survey.

That may be the real benchmark measurement your seeking, contact without contraction compared to nonsnuffers.
  • Yes, basically I wanted to see if snuff had any protective element.  I am incredibly lucky to be in the protective bubble of the IOM.  I would love to hear our snuff was protecting you guys.