We are launching a new website. Free shipping for first 500 orders!
Finest Quality Indian Snuffs

Best selection of snuff and snuff related products in the UK.Toque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

We are launching a new website. Free shipping for first 500 orders!

Samuel Gawith Mentholene

Just been reminded of SG Mentholene by the smell of something oily I have on my finger.

Now I've remembered about it, boy do I miss it. Was absolutely delightful, especially when fresh and moist.

Comments

• volungevolunge Member
    What was it like? Pure menthol, or something more going on there? Never saw that snuff.
  • HoffwellHoffwell Member
    Hi @volunge It was dark, moist, and had the 'fluffy' SG grind. As for aroma it was medium menthol, not harsh but also, to me anyway, had a sort of 'rubbery' smell. Hard to describe!
  • volungevolunge Member
    @Hoffwell, are you familiar with Viking ISS and WoS Singleton's Super Cool? I haven't tried the former, only saw the picture of the snuff and read some reviews, but I assume it might be similar to Mentholene. I'm quite fond of Wilsons Singleton's Super Cool myself - it's dark brown, medium coarse, medium moist when fresh with a righteous menthol amount - just enough to make your eyes water with bigger pinch. I detect no other scents, only menthol and slight smokiness of dark tobacco. A very nice surprise from Wilsons, that darker tobacco base and coarser grind!
  • HoffwellHoffwell Member
    Hi @volunge. Have had the singletons, it's good but not like the Mentholene. I will get some ISS next order and see what that's like. Viking made by SG so maybe stands a better chance of being similar. Thanks!