World's Largest Collection of Snuff Online
Finest Quality Indian Snuffs

Best selection of snuff and snuff related products in the UK.Toque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Get Double the Reward Points for Next 200 orders!

Shelf life

DanielODanielO Member
What kind of shelf life does snuff have? I ask because I can put pipe tobacco in a mason jar and it will last practically forever. What about snuff?

Comments

• GunnarGunnar Member
    I think there are a lot of variables, for instance the very moist schmalzlers may not last as long like all moist products. I have never bought enough in bulk to notice shelf life, but I know certain artisan snuffs have been known to only keep for a certain amount of time.
  • Mr_OMr_O Member
    In my opinion and experience, at least some will last more than 10 years. Maybe even 20+. I still have some year 2000 limited edition WoS in stock. I have not tried it for a few years, though. Maybe it is good as long as it is stored properly so it keeps it scent and does not get contaminated with mold etc.
  • ar47ar47 Member
    I have some pre-tobacco warning label snuffs (either new old stock or gifts from elder snuffers) and sure, they aren't the ideal experience, but still probably 60% of the way there and I doubt were well stored. I have snuffs that I've kept myself now for a couple years. I'd say that they seem to change a bit over time, comparing old with new, but that's hard to judge since the tobacco being produced changes over time too. I have had a few mold, but only moist ones. A few times I thought a dry had gone bad but they were only salt crystals
  • Anything stored for long periods without air exchange begins to experience anaerobic fermentation. The same process that ages sealed tins of pipe tobacco that fetch many times their original value. Wether thats beneficial to snuff or not I don't know. Im sure dry snuff will experience less fermentation than a moist snuff.