World's Largest Collection of Snuff Online
Finest Quality Indian Snuffs

Best selection of snuff and snuff related products in the UK.Toque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Coming soon...

Shipping increase for US buyers

I recieved, as I'm sure the rest of you did, a notice from Mr. Snuff regarding the upcoming shipping increase for US buyers.

I of course understand that as shipping costs increase that those increases will be passed on to the consumer. I'm not happy about it, but I appreciate the heads up. I'll be placing another order prior to July 20 when the new rates take effect.

Fellow US snuff takers, what are you stocking up on prior to the rate hike?

For me it will be a lot of WoS offerings. I'm still new to snuff and haven't tried any WoS labeled snuff yet. Included in that order will be, among other tins:

Crumbs of Comfort
Royal George
Irish 22
Several of the various SP offerings
and a handful of others

Comments

• I got the message as well. I was a little put off by the title of the email though, but thats for another thread.
    I have a large stockpile as is so im not doing any panic buying personally. Besides, shipping was already north of $30, maybe its time to search for a new carrier, looking at you Mrsnuff...
  • I noticed the title as well...but as you said.

Shipping for me hasn't been that expensive, perhaps that has more to do with the quantity I'm ordering. Plus the points system is knocking off a few dollars as well which helps. I also recently too advantage of the free shipping deal.
  • GunnarGunnar Member
    edited July 12 PM
    I agree the title could just have focused on shipping instead of politics. That being said at least they gave us a hard date to order by. I am lucky that having family in the UK and EU they can bundle my snuff with the packages they send me. It's one of the allures of snuff that it is sometimes difficult to get.
  • The problem is guys, everyones post has gone up but American post has gone up far more than anyone else.  

We used to have an agreement called the Bern Agreement but America left this in 2017 and now has gone against the rest of the world.  Meaning now for Americans to buy anything that isn't made in America the postage is much more expensive.  

But don't worry, I have a cunning plan.
  • miamimarkmiamimark Moderator
    @Roderick... when you're ready to open a warehouse in the USA, let me know, I'll come work for you! I'm in South Florida.... we might even have a duty free zone... I'm not sure about that tho!
  • Wow! Wouldn't that be amazing.  I have been looking at Massachusetts, but a free port is something I hadn't thought of.  Are there such things in the states?
    I'm not sure how that works but I know they have HUGE areas of warehouses that store the duty free goods that end up on all the cruise ships. Like I said, I have no idea how it works. 
    We also have the Seminole and Miccosukee reservations down here. They have some kind of special deal on government taxes on tobacco. 

• Here's my latest order...and my last for a good while I suspect. I'll be waiting to make larger orders as needed as opposed to more smaller ones to save on shipping.

Poschl Red Bull Strong 7g
    Bernard Brazil Droppeit Fermentiert 10g
    Bernard Aecht Alt Schmalzler 10g
    Bernard Magic Moments Black 10g
    Bernard Fichtennadel 10g X4
    WoS Best SP X2
    WoS Royal George
    WoS SP 100
    WoS Tom Buck
    WoS Irish 22 X2
    WoS Crumbs of Comfort X2

I'm still new to snuff so I'm trying a lot of things and stocking up on things I like and will want during winter.