The eXitar tobacco vaporizer is a great alternative to smoking. Check it out.Finest Quality Indian SnuffsToque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Six Photo snuffs are back in stock.

Table Top Snuff Box

Poo-DiddyPoo-Diddy Member
edited September 2008 in General
Today I recieved a snuffbox from my smoking shop. I had meant to purchase a snuffbox I could carry around with me, but when I recieve this snuffbox I realized it is meant to be used as a tabletop snuff box.

I was a bit disappointed at first, but figured what the heck it is a pretty nice snuffbox I guess I'll go ahead and fill it up and put it on my desk.

Now I already view my Spanish Jewel as my most regal of snuffs. So I figured since this is the fanciest container I own, I would fill it up with my Spanish Jewel.

Funny thing is taking the Spanish Jewel from this snappy tabletop snuffbox actually seems to make the whole experience of snuffing better. I would have never guessed taking a snuff from a fancy snuffbox would have this effect.

I now understand why people collect snuffboxes. Snuffing from one just seems to feel better than snuffing from its original container. I think I may be hooked and plan to start building on my collection of snuffboxes.

This is the snuffbox I bought from My Smoking Shop. A great deal for only 22.99 GBP which ended up being about $40 USC.

[align=center]image[/align]

Comments

• Nice looking box. You going to engrave something in the center there? Whats the actual size of it?
  • I may engrave something in the shield when I get the time.

It's actually pretty big, almost the size of a can of copenhagen. I don't snuff nearly enough quick enough to fill the entire box, but I would venture to say it would easilly hold a 25 gram tin.
  • SnuffHeadSnuffHead Member
    edited September 2008 PM
    Poo-Diddy I have a box just like yours and the one with the Tom Buck scene on the top. One I purchased from My smocking shop and the other from Snuff Store UK. They are a little heavy but I always have one in both trousers pockets. I find they don't leak snuff even if the lids flap a little because of the curved outer surface and the inner seal. They are approx 2¼ inch diameter and a little under 1 inch deep, Trout.
  • Poo-Diddy, I have noticed this too, snuff does taste better from a nice container. Although I don't have such a nice box as yours, it does seem to taste better from a real "snuff box".
  • This is exactly what I always go on about - the culture of the snuff box!! Very nice box, and remember if it's not completely air tight, you can fix this with a little bees-wax! Enjoy!
This discussion has been closed.