World's Largest Collection of Snuff Online
Finest Quality Indian Snuffs

Best selection of snuff and snuff related products in the UK.Toque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Get Double the Reward Points for Next 200 orders!

Some Interesting History!!!

ShooterShooter Member
edited October 2008 in General
Well just got back from vacation which was a little trip into american history. Went to Jamestown, York Town and Colonial Williamsburg after a week in Washington D.C. The interesting point was when visiting Mount Vernon in the museum was our first First Ladies two very nice snuff boxes. I thought it was kinda interesting that Martha Washington was a snuff user but George wasn't.

Comments

• George had wooden teeth. He was an oral snuff user LOL
  • Uh,actually i think i read somwhere that George did use snuff.
  • I always love to learn more snuff history. I have been unsuccessful in my attempts to find a book all about snuff. Does anyone know of such a book?
  • leman,

Check out this link. Snuff Literature
  • Thanks Troutstroker. NoseBag whispered me a link as well. I love this place, everyone is very helpful. This forum is just another great thing about snuff. I don't think you'll find a cigarette forum, with people talking about the complex flavors of their favorite cigarette, or how many different cigarettes they have in their collection. Hooray for SnuffHouse!!!
  • shooter- did you get any pics of the snuffboxes? I'd love to see them if you did.

yes leman this is a great forum, I've yet to be let down. cigarette forum?!! hah LOL I'm so glad to say I haven't had one in over a year and never plan to again.
  • onefortheroad, unfortunately they didn't allow photography in the museum.

roam, no mention or evidence of George partaking that I saw but wouldn't be suprised. Maybe he made Martha carry it for him???????