World's Largest Collection of Snuff Online
Finest Quality Indian Snuffs

Best selection of snuff and snuff related products in the UK.Toque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Get Double the Reward Points for Next 200 orders!

Newbie needs suggestions

HuskysibeHuskysibe Member
edited December 2008 in General
I already read the newbie FAQ on whats good for new snuffers but I wanna see some real comments from you guys. I am a Snus dipper, never been a smoker and want to try snuff for the first time. What would you guys recommend I acquire to give it a try? I have looked around my town but no one seems to carry snuff so I will more than likely have to place an internet order or do some Snus trades if anyone has any snuff laying around they dont use or like anymore that a new snuffer may like. Thanks!

Billy

Comments

• Try Toque Original or Peanutt Butter very nice! and Mc Chystals Original and Genuine if you like menthol flavors!
  • jimmycjimmyc Member
    edited December 2008 PM
    Try Wilsons of Sharrow Apricot. Nice and mild to me. Also Toque Christmas Pudding.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I started with ozona fruit flavors. I have several unopened tins that I'll never get to. If you are in the US, whisper me your address, and i'll mail you one.
  • edited December 2008 PM
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • HuskysibeHuskysibe Member
    edited December 2008 PM
    Brian, I have an unopened can of Roda Lacket portions I can trade and several cans of other flavors that have 1-3 portions used. Whisper me if you would like to trade. As for flavors, I like everything to be honest. Chocolate, apricot, raspberry, menthol they all sound good to me. Actually I havent read a description that I thought sounded disgusting yet.
  • Hey Husky
    Go for a wide spread if you order online, rather than getting stuck on one type. I would recommend a menthol, a couple of flavoured, one of the plain types and a toast, all of which the main manufacturers produce. If you've read many posts on this forum you will see a lot of fans of Toque, Poschl, Wilsons of Sharrow and Dholakia. My own suggestions for a newbie would be:

Toque original - an 'SP' type snuff, pretty plain but with a hint of citrus - a real popular one
    One of the Toque flavoured - a big choice and all superb
    Poschls Gletcherprise - easy going menthol
    Wilsons of Sharrow Irish High Toast No 22 - dry, strong, a great snuff.

You've also got the superb US snuffs - I love Stokers personally. These have a bit of a kick but are worth getting to know.

I think spreading your first purchase around a bit, and going for different types, gives you a chance to sample the great variety thats out there.

Welcome to the forum!
  • edited December 2008 PM
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • If you like spearmint i would definetely recomend Wilsons Crumbs of Comfort really easy on the nose in my opinion and kind of like double mint gum for your nose.
  • I recommend staying away from american snuff like WE Garrett to start with. It has a tendency to go straight into your lungs if you sniff too hard. I started with Gletscher Prise and found it very beginner friendly.
  • Any Poschl would be good. My first snuff was McChrystals O&G another good one to start with if you like menthol flavours.

Stefan
  • Thanks for all the great suggestions, I now have a great base to start with.

Billy
  • HuskysibeHuskysibe Member
    edited December 2008 PM
    Whoops was supposed to be a whisper