Tons of specials all the time.Finest Quality Indian SnuffsToque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Odens and Siberia by the roll.

Gold Label ?

2»

Comments

• SpyroSpyro Member
    This happened to me with a tin of Grand Cairo. Every tin has been a wonderful delight of citrus SP pleasure aside from my last one which was somewhat dusty.

Unfortunately, its looking like WoS selections are becoming more and more rare for us US consumers. Some sites still have the 25g tins available but my attempts at buying directly from WoS have proven frustrating and unpromising so far. It is easier and cheaper to buy illegal cannabis where I live than to purchase fresh WoS snuff.
  • To buy Wilsons from the U.S. you have to mail them a cheque for the required amount plus a $6 handling fee. It's hardly rocket science.
  • BM, can't you email the cheque? So much faster!!!
  • SpyroSpyro Member
    Brad, please see my post on the problems I am having with WoS direct buys. Even rocket science cannot solve indifference and lack of e-mail response regarding billing.
  • cstokes4cstokes4 Member, Moderator
    @Spyro:

The reason you cannot find WoS snuffs at the US vendors (Now UK vendors) is because they are trying to liquidate their stock to make the move easier and albeit cheaper. Soon enough there will be WoS fresh stock available again.
  • WhalenWhalen Member
    edited May 2010 PM
    Yes, I had problems placing an order, yes I had to send a Check, and yes I received prompt Email responses, and yes the snuff is so fresh it makes me wag my tail. The whole problem would disappear if the Credit card would work. It can be done, and Carol is on vacation this week from the Mill. Persistence. This was my most complex purchase, also my most satisfying.
  • WhalenWhalen Member
    My Gold Label was double shipped, 2 drums, and I am glad. It is a refreshing snuff, silky and moist, a little ammonia which fades fast. The underlying Virginia tobacco really shines through, muted citrus, little burn, and not a particularly strong nicotine, for me, all the hallmarks of an all day snuff.
  • XanderXander Member
    Double shipped? You got a free drum?
  • WhalenWhalen Member
    Yes, and they are shipping the originally ordered Grand Cairo gratis, Score!!!!!!
  • XanderXander Member
    Wow! That's a lucky mistake for you.
  • SpyroSpyro Member
    edited June 2010 PM
    @cstokes4 - You are completely correct. One of the vendors even e-mailed me personally and confirmed your post. Here's to the vendors distributing our favorite snuff and I wish them the best. Thanks for the informative post.
  • N0madN0mad Member
    @BradMajors - You are right $6.00 check fee and a .98¢ Air Mail stamp, it was easy and I live in a Podunk (small) Texas town. After now having tasted snuff directly from the Wilson's mill I just don't think I could buy from a retailer again. The Gold Label I received is so complex and flavorful it makes my head spin.
  • bobbob Member
    so it is actualy worthy of the name then.
  • N0madN0mad Member
    @Bob - Yes I think so... I'm very glad I added this to the order...
  • N0madN0mad Member
    Xander said this is an SP type snuff and I'm a Tom Buck fan by the way but dang this is way more than any SP I’ve ever had and I think he would agree. The scent in this changes every few seconds and last several minutes it’s almost like a blend of spices used for making Christmas goodies.
  • @N0mad: It's quite an eye-opener getting snuff fresh from the mill isn't it ? My favourite Wilsons is Irish High Toast 22 which being quite dry you wouldn't expect to be much different fresh from bulk but it's much silkier in texture and smoother in the nose.
  • A whole new world of snuff really, even the best cans - Toque and F&T - don't do snuff its fullest justice. Factory fresh WoS even surpasses Toque in my view, but I suppose they have a couple centuries head start. Also the Toque polybags require decanting into something up to the job the minute you get then, the 1/2 pound WoS jars are 100% airtight and and practically live forever.
  • N0madN0mad Member
    Brad you are correct, prior to this direct purchase my inventory of Wilson's consisted of only three types Tom Buck, CoC, DH Toast #20 all which may be several years old. This new purchase has convinced me the craftsmanship @ Wilson's is second to none.

@snuffster I am a Toque fan but I have to admit the product is not mature as that of Wilson's. The gym socks or wet dog smell as some call it that come with almost all of Toque snuffs after a blow is not very pleasant.
  • volungevolunge Member
    Gold Label is fabulous! There's a promotion for it at Sharrow Mills at the moment:

Oh I wish I were in the UK now! WoS don't ship outside...
  • ZanaspusZanaspus Member
    @volunge Indeed. It is my favorite of the entire WoS lineup.
  • tinhueytinhuey Member
    edited June 1 PM
    I just placed a few tins of Gold Label yesterday on a MrSnuff order taking advantage of the last day of free shipping. I see the one pound drums are on sale now from WOS direct for 17.50GBP. What a deal!
  • volungevolunge Member
    edited June 1 PM
    @Zanaspus, mine too.
    @tinhuey, I hope you'll get it fresh.

This snuff is so good that I don't perceive it as SP or whatever type and don't even care which ingredients are used. Bergamot-shmergamot, citrus-pitrus, blend or single base, whatever is there, I'm just happy this snuff is.

And yes, UK residents can get a drum of this goodness for a ridiculous regular price of six large tins.
  • tinhueytinhuey Member
    @volunge Never had it so looking forward. Been on an SP kick since the warm weather broke.
  • tinhueytinhuey Member
    Yes this Gold Label is very good in so many ways. It