Black Friday All Week. Finest Quality Indian SnuffsToque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Black Friday Sale On Now.

OT- Whatcha Watching?

Comments

• cstokes4cstokes4 Member, Moderator
    Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers
  • @csstokes4, have you seen the new Halloween remake?
    Sadly, yes.

I didn't see the first one in theaters, but I saw H2 a few weeks back.
  • bill hicks yae
    @midnight:

I suppose I'll divulge my thoughts on them. The first remake was okay. I felt that the gratuitous use of F words was a bit much, but all in all it was an okay slasher/horror movie. In the director's cut there is a pretty horrid rape scene at the mental hospital. That was a huge turn off and very much not needed. I think that Halloween 2 (H2) was deplorable. This really made me question Rob Zombie's train of thought. Now Michael Myers is a glorified Hobo. Eating out of trashcans, living in corn fields. The supernatural aspect of the film really put me off. I also did not care for the quick acceptance that Laurie Strode has for Michael being her brother. I think that the Loomis character was really a pity. Taking the Loomis from the original franchise and turning him into a huge prick with an ego was just bad. Bleh. Luckily, Rob Zombie will not be directing the Halloween movie coming out next year. Now don't take this as me not liking Rob Zombie. In High School I enjoyed his music and I greatly enjoy his first two movies House of 1000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects. I simply don't care for what he did with a franchise that is a foundation for the genre.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I haven't seen either new Halloween films but was curious as I am a big fan of the John Carpenter original. I was going to try and see it but I don't think I'll bother now. I hate these pointless remakes. They did the same with "The Hitcher" some films should just be left well alone.
    Well mate, if you are a big fan of the originals, DON'T see them. I had to re-watch all of the original franchise to erase the bad memories.
  • Pity, I actually quite like Rob Zombie's music. Perhaps he should stick to his strengths.
  • I like Rob Zombie's music, but my wife LOVES it.
    One of our first dates was going to see Zombie's Halloween. I didn't think it was horrible, but agree that "originals" are almost always better.
    I did listen to an interview with Rob, and if I remember correctly he wasn't terribly keen on the idea of remaking Halloween, not wanting to screw it up, if you will. He is a great person, still.
    The Devil's Rejects is one of my favorite films.
    Anyways, I just finished watching "The Sneeze," linked from another post, about 6 or 7 times. How far humanity has come! It brought a tear to my eye!
  • I picked the DVD set of, "Prisoner Cell Block H" today. I remember watching this way way back in the day. It's still entertaining. I was watching some today. Anyone else remember this?
  • If you like Rob Zombie's music , check out his little brother's band, Powerman 5000.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Metropolis (1927)
    Orlando Magic v. New Jersey Nets
  • Italian crime/mob films.
    Watched Soylent Green tonight. Very interesting movie.
  • The movie is good, but the new orleans based metal band that based their name on the movie are better:
    Soilent Green
  • I just watched the original Inglorious Bastards. It was pretty good.

From 1964, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer with Burl Ives. Got my kids, some chips, my cold beer and schmalzler next to me. Just waiting till it comes on here shortly. I don't care who you are, Yukon Cornelius is freakin hilarious!
  • im somwhere arounf the 53rd episode of Inuyasha.
    :-\ i got hooked ont his show and cant stop watching it!
  • I'm in the process of watching the set of Sartana films, on this Sartana Saga Spaghetti Western set.
  • Me and my wife went to the movies and watched "Brothers" - Excellent movie yall need to go see it if yall have a chance = 2 thumbs UP!
  • Dollhouse
  • Dr.Strangelove or: how i learned to stop worrying and love the bomb. mien fuhrer i can valk classic
  • Paul Naschy passed away a few days ago, so me and my buddy watched Return of the Werewolf last night.
    BCS Selection Show
  • The critic
  • the crap my wife has on. I think its Desperate Horny Housewives...........untill she falls asleep. ;)

I NEED TO MOVE 12 ROLLS OF GENERAL PORTIONS. WILL SELL FOR $35 FOR 10 TINS INCLUDING SHIPPING, USA ONLY.  No problem shipping to Canada but I'll have to include an additional shipping cost.

• Just finished the fourth disc of Ergo Proxy. Probably finish watching it this week. Still waiting for Bakemonogatari to air the last few episodes, but the studio apparently has a heavy work load.

@Xander: I know you can change the region settings on a computer's disc drive, if you happen to have a DVD drive in it. However, I don't know what OS you're using. Windows only lets you change regions a couple of times. As far as I know, my drive is considered region free by my laptop at present. And I'd swear there's a setting in VLC or some other open source media player to view PAL. It's just a codec thing as far as I know, nothing technically says a US monitor can't play PAL, they're just configured to decode the stream for NTSC and not PAL.