Get 50% off selected FUBAR snuffs. Finest Quality Indian SnuffsToque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Free treat with any purchase of $20.00 or more.

SNUFFBOX CHALLENGE

macalpemacalpe Member
edited April 2012 in Snuff Accessories
Hello dear snuff fellows:

The Forum is alive...the thing is Summer is very hard...hahaha.
Well, I would like to know your opinion about my old snuffbox.
I bought this jewel during the summer of 1987 at Penzance (in an Auctionnery). At the cover you can read an inscription that tells as follows :
" A reminiscence of my first shot "Right and Left" at Ourial
With S.B. : B.L. Rifle
Pindi 1882."

I will appreciate to hear your comments.

Best wishes

Pedro Macias

Comments

• TroutstrokerTroutstroker Member
    edited July 2007 PM
    Thats is very nice Pedro, Looks to be in real good shape. Very good jewel to display and have as a conversation piece.
    And a little on the info: S.B B.L is Single Barrel Breech Load Rifle. Pindi is short for Rawalpindi which is a city in Pakistan. This might be related to the Battle of Tel al-Kebir.

Please correct me if I am wrong on any of this.
  • Filek, excuse me , but this is a snuffbox that was made, for his former owner, in the gunpowder style. During the XIX Century was a fashionable snuffbos type.

Best wishes.

Pedro
  • Hello Trotstroker, THANKS VERY MUCH FOR THE INFORMATION ABOUT INITIALS. I do not knew the meaning till now. Thanks again.

Pedro
  • Dear Filek : That's right!!!!...I agree with you now!!!!...hahahah....is an snuffbox made as gunpowder horn...ok!
    My best wishes to you,

Pedro Macías
  • Hello Mo,

I don't know anything more of it.
    The only thing is I bought the box at Penzance, Cornwall, England, during the summer of 1987 in an Auctions Shop. The picture I placed here showing the cover is very bad; I took this pics with my cell phone, and so you can not see well the inscriptions...but I will put a new one better for you to see well.
    For me is a jewel, and , really, I think allways in his first owner taking good snuff...and then I take a "pinch" to his honor and memory.

Pedro
This discussion has been closed.